Canada-Ontario

Bridal party flowers...HELP!

We are starting to look at flowers for our May 14. 2011 wedding. When we originally made out budget I thought flowers were one of those things that just wasn't that important to me so we only budgeted $250 for the bridal party flowers. I'm starting to think that $250 might have been a bit naive of us because the lowest quote I have gotten so far is $320.
I'm basically looking for ivory roses for me, spider mum's or some other type of fresh green flower for my two BM.
1 Boutonniere for my future hubby and 2 for his groomsman.
3 Boutonnieres for My dad, my FIL and my brother
4 corsages for my mother, my MIL, my grandma and my SIL.
So far I have been quoted at $100 for me.
$35 for my bridesmaids
$12 for the boutonnieres
$18 for Corsages.
Is this a good price? I'm so clueless when It comes to flowers
May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011

Re: Bridal party flowers...HELP!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds very reasonable to me. I spent almost that much without even paying for labour; I bought the flowers wholesale and my brother's girlfriend put them together. (Our BP was the same size as yours.)

$100 is very reasonable for a bridal bouquet in Toronto. The prices for the bouts and corsages are close to the cheapest I've heard of, and the BM bouquet price is amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where are you getting your flowers from? my wedding is june 2011 and im starting to look at florists as well!

Orly Kahn
    ~Makeup Artist~
    www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a GREAT price!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP!
  • edited December 2011
    That is pretty good. Would you mind giving me the name of the florist?
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are great prices...

I was the same that I didn't budget that much for flowers since they weren't that important for us, but it cost more than I expected.
  • edited December 2011
    Her name is Kimberly Anne and her company is called "Kimberly Anne!" Imagination by design. She is located in Scarborogh. We did decide to go with her, we haven't met yet but so far by email she has been really great to work with, I don't think we will be dissapointed.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Toronto-ON/Kimberly-Anne-Imagination-in-design/291973489891?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=7

May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Hello..... we have a bridal party of 16 ppl which includes 6 girls, 6 guys, flower girl, ring bearar and then the two of us. We got a quote of about $410 for all of us plus 2 mothers corsages. The place we went to was recommended by the church. It is a tiny little place that you would never even think of going into but the lady in there is amazing!!! Give her a try. Her name is Radika. Here is her website

www.flowersbyradika.com

Our wedding is December 11th and so far she has been sooooo helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards