Pennsylvania-Central

Venue sites in/around State College

I am looking for suggestions of sites to hold our Oct 2010 wedding.  We were planning to hold both ceremony/reception at our friends' property but due to their impending divorce (YIKES!) I need to explore other options.  I am looking for something low cost, rustic/casual/country.  My future hubby and I live on a farm so we are pretty low key, no fuss/no frills sort of people.  I have no

Re: Venue sites in/around State College

• stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Seven Mountains Wine Cellars.  The place is gorgeous and the owners are completely awesome.  Our wedding is too big to be held there, but we're having them do wine favors for us and they're going to be very affordable.  [URL]http://www.sevenmountainswinecellars.com/[/URL]
  • edited December 2011
    you have several options for the state college area. Are you looking for something specifically outside?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    the lodge at Tussey Mountain is affordable and they will let you decorate it yourself - and you can have the ceremony right on the mountainside
  • rumor3181999rumor3181999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't looking for a totally outdoor location...but would prefer one that had a nice outdoors area.Tussey is nice, but then, I believe, you have to use them for catering.  We are doing this as low cost as possible and a full fledged catered meal/buffet is out of the question -- at least for any businesses or caterers around State College.  We are planning a low key casual buffet/pig & goat roast.  So we do need someplace that doesn't tie us to using their catering service.  Which isn't easy, as I am finding out. 
  • stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your wedding budget?  I know that Marrarra's Lodge will allow you to bring in your own caterer.  It's a big log cabin and you get the whole weekend.  I can find contact info for you if you're interested.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about any of the local parks? There are plenty of them and obviously aren't attached to a caterer.
  • billysgirl07billysgirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tussey.  Loved it!One thing to watch when you have another caterer is that sometimes can cost more than using a caterer w/ a venue - especially if the off-site caterer has to bring all plates, utensils, linens, equipment to keep food warm, staff etc...  Also keep in mind the rental of tables, chairs if you decide to go with an outside venue that doesn't provide them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards