Canada-Ontario

Help!! Toronto Wedding Venues - Paramont Event Centre vs Rosewater Room?

Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I having been looking for the perfect venue to host our wedding in 2012.

We went to look at Paramont  Event Centre (Woodbridge) and Rosewater Room (Downtown Toronto), and we are trying to decide which one we should go for as we liked both venues.

Has anyone been to any of these venues for wedding reception?  If yes, would you be able to comment on the food and service there?

Thank you, much appreciated!!

Re: Help!! Toronto Wedding Venues - Paramont Event Centre vs Rosewater Room?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Rosewater Room - it was beautiful!  Great food and service, and a great place for a wedding.  I have recommended it to many.  I think your guest count has to be under 150 for them to accomodate, but if that's in your range, it is a good choice!
  • edited December 2011
    I recently attended a wedding at the Paramont. It was okay, but since the room was sectioned off by an air wall, we could hear the other weddings that were going on. Also the washroom was shared by all the weddings and not private for this event.
    I have been to other event venues run by the same compnay and they were better.
    Just my opinion though!
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both places are great - the food's decent at Paramount, but nothing to write home about.  I tend to like the Rosewater more, but only because it's not your typical banquet hall.  The decor there makes for awesome photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!! :)

We liked Rosewater alot, the only thing that concerns us a little is that the room seems a little narrow, so not sure if it will be too crowded as we are expecting approximately 150-160 guests.

We thought about Paramount because of the larger space. They have a 200 guest minumum though so it's affecting out decision. Plus there aren't many reviews for the food there.

Do any of you have any good suggestions on a nice (but affordable ie. 100$ - $115 range) venue?

I like the modern looking facilities with HIGH ceilings.

Any help would be great!

Thanks so much in advance!!!
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Royalton on Weston Rd & Hwy 7;  as well, the Grand Victorian in Mississauga.
  • edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding at either venue, however, for work we do have lunches, conf at Rosewater, the food and service is amazing each time and atmosphere is great too! Goodluck with your decision!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Bellvue Manor
    Ive done tons of weddings there
    they have a few room options.
    The library room is gorgeous and i think accomidates upto 200. the other rooms are much bigger and can accomindate around400 i believe
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • edited December 2011
    @Jewel224
    Thanks so much!  I have emailed Royalton to arrange time for a site tour.  I saw quite a bit of good reviews on this venue.

Victorian is another nice one, just thought it may be a little too far for our guests as they are mostly in Scar or Markham area.

@melfacto
    Thank you for your feedback!  Yeah I heard alot of good things about Roserwater, just that the room seems a little narrow, so not sure if it will be too crowded since we may have over 150 guests.
    edited December 2011
    Then also see Atlantis at Ontario Place - 30 ft windows with views of the city.  Quite stunning...there's the Eglinton Grand and The Berkeley Church but those will run you more than $115.  The Royal Ambassador is also nice and within your price range although it's in the north end of Brampton. 

I wouldn't worry too much about distance - I've traveled to Markham and Scarborough and even Newmarket for weddings when I use to live in Brampton.  People will travel to see you because they love you and they want to witness your wedding.  They will go where you tell them to go.  And it's only a 30-40 minute drive to Brampton/Mississauga.  They're not traveling from overseas. :)  Just saying. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards