Canada-Ontario

November Weddings?

I love fall. We were planning to have our wedding in September/October to enjoy the beautiful fall colours of the country landscape surrounding the venue we've selected. 

However - the price is 75% cheaper should we choose to book in November (off season begins). This would free up a huge amount of money from our already tight-budget wedding.

I could just wait two weeks and see how the trees are looking but anybody have any experience with November weddings? Early November I'm talking. Are there still leaves on the trees? Ridiculous question but I never seem to notice these things. This year I will stop and watch the leaves. 

Re: November Weddings?

• two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    usually the leaves are pretty much gone by then, but it depends on location. If you go really South in Ontario (like, Windsor-ish), you might get the last bit of fall colours down there, snce the temperatures are so much different. Even a place like Stratford is absolutely gorgeous and might still have leaves.

Fingers crossed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're in Milton... 
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    75% off! That would be enough to sway me to do it - scenery be damned!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The leaves will be gone by then unless it is a really warm year!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gunna go check it out in two weeks and see how things look! It's a golf course so maybe if the grass is still green? It might be ok? Gosh I am hoping for far too much now.... maybe I just swallow my love of seasons and do it in the winter, problem solved.... though that idea has never truly crossed my mind at all. 
  • edited December 2011
    wow... 75% off... that's a deal.... Nov is very nice.  You can still take pictures outside... a great time of year.  People are in a good mood with Christmas around the corner...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The grass will still be green, I'm pretty sure.  Did you just want the ceremony outside, and reception inside?  I have seen some cute pictures of chairs set up outside with blankets available to wrap around you during the ceremony, and they served hot apple cider (rum optional) afterwards for guests to warm up.  If its your dream, go for it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'd just be doing the reception there. There's actually a gorgeous fireplace as the focal point of the room, could make for a lovely setting in the winter too! I might have to check it out a few times in the coming months to see how weather is. 
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about the trees and foliage if you are having an indoor reception.  It may not have all the leaves and fall colours, but it will still be beautifully decorated on the inside, and you can add your own decor on the way in as well!
  • ellis_jleellis_jle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was November last year (2009). I was lucky. It was warm and although most of the leaves had fallen, my wedding pics were gorgeous.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards