Canada-Ontario
Options

Opinions - Sussman Bridal

Hi everyone, 

I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Sussman Bridal, on Queen West, for their dresses? I found an absolutely beautiful dress there, but quite expensive. They said the price included taxes and alterations, so I want to find out if anyone has worked with them in the past and what their experiences were like. 

The dress is v-neck with medium straps, a moderate skirt with a brush train, and ruching through the hips. It's made of Dupioni silk, which I found really heavy, but they said it could be done in a lighter satin, which would give the skirt more movement. It meets 4 of 5 things I really wanted, and with a fabric change it would be perfect! They also give 15% for buying a year ahead, so I only have about 2 weeks to purchase at the best price! I would appreciate any advice. 

Thanks, 
Kate

Re: Opinions - Sussman Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Sussman's a few times (I live close by). The girls at the front have give poor service but the girls in the back are great. I went to the back to shop specifically for their bolero's and faux furs. I have shopped around and their prices are comparable to what is out there in the stores, you can only find cheaper stuff if you shop online. Their dresses are unique to that designer, so guaranteed you won't her stuff anywhere else, only a similar dress so I say if you LOVE it and it fits your budget just get it! You don't want to regret it.
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i orderd a custom hair fascinator from them and had a great experience. i posted a review recently. i don't kow about their dresses though.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_sussman-bridal-hair-fascinator
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys,

Jane, I checked out your review, and it sounds like a really positive experience. I'm hoping my mom can come up from Windsor to see it before I buy anything, but it's one of those things where if I don't get it, I'll be comparing every dress to that one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards