Canada-Ontario

Bridal shops

Any good bridal shops in Toronto?

I'm going looking for dresses next week, and just wanted to know which ones to hit up, and which ones to avoid!

Thanks, Jesi
<*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bridal shops

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any place in particular you are looking?  There are tons on Danforth and around Spadina right downtown.  Some shops have a more broad selection than others as well.

I used Beckers on Danforth and had a great experience.  The Dressroom is their sister store down the street that I used for my bridesmaid dresses, but they also have more affordable gowns.  I've had friends who have had good experiences with Windsor Bridal and White as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    I dont know where we are going. My sister lives there and i have next week off so her and I and another BM are going to go look at dresses.

Jesi
    <*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
    Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked Bridal Fashion Fraire because they give you free reign to look through and pick the dresses yourself (but don't expect a consultant to do the shopping for you), and great prices.

Bridals on Spadina, just down the road, is a small shop but the shopkeepers, a mother and daughter, are super friendly and knowledgeable. That's where I ended up buying my dress. I liked their service a lot, but not their seamstress... if you end up buying here, I'd recommend finding an independent seamstress for alterations.

Both are on Spadina, around Richmond / Adelaide. There are a couple of others in the area too.

In Scarborough, I'd highly recommend Chris & Tina's. We got our BM dresses there, and in hindsight, I'm sure I would have had a great bridal dress shopping experience there too. Their alterations staff were fantastic; they turned around my pregnant MOH's dresses in 2 days, 1 week before the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal and Beyond - they were having a trunk show.  I think Ritche Bridal is having a trunk show next week.
    Bridal and beyond had a great sales person, but not a huge selection. I only had to try on 5 dresses, however.
  • edited December 2011
    Chris and Tina's is amazing! Great service, great selection.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress in the fall at Ritche - 1662 Avenue rd.  The person I had was fantastic.  I also suggest Vogue Sposa - 304 Danfoth.  But ask for Eunyice (not sure of the spelling), I think she's the owner of the boutique.  I bought a bridesmaid dress there last yr and she was fanstastic. She was spot on too with what suited my body type and my size.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom used Eunice at Vogue Sposa for her MOTB dress and got the rehearsal dinner dress at the same time - she was excellent! 
  • eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you wind up considering a custom dress, that can fit any budget, look up Lisa Van Hattem. She's incredible and is making my gown :)
  • edited December 2011
    check out Bridal & Beyond - its in the eglinton and laird area ... www.bridalandbeyond.com i got my dress there a few weeks ago.  just be sure to make an appt.  friendly and helpful staff.
  • edited December 2011
    I had an amazing experience at Jealous Bridesmaids (Jane & Bloor). They were super helpful and found me the perfect dress. They are very much a boutique so you need an appointment, but they give you their full attention so it's worth it. Also, when you buy your dress there they give you a champagne toast which was a happy surprise for my mom, my sister and I Smile
  • kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great time at Ritche Couture.  They have a really good selection, & I never felt rushed or pressured at all.
  • sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa van hattem was amazing she did all of my alterations I wish I had known about her before as I would have had her make me a custom dress. Her dresses start around $1000.00 that includes all of the materials,pattern, hours worked on it and fittings!

if you are looking for a bridal shop I ahd a great experience at the dressroom
  • edited December 2011
    If you aren't opposed to a pre-loved dress, there is a wonderful shop on Broadview just south of the Danforth.  The website is below.  The lady who owns it, gets donated sample gowns from stores as well as pre-loved gowns from brides and sells them.  Best part... all of the money made goes toward cancer research.  She also has shoes, purses, FG baskets, ring pillows, etc.  She custom makes veils and if you don't already have one... she is a certified wedding officiant with All Seasons weddings.  She is going to be doing my ceremony in July.  I went in looking for dresses and loved her personality and asked her to marry us.  :)  Beautfiul dresses, super friendly staff, gorgeous building, lots of privacy. (by appt. only)  I highly recommend it!!

http://www.thebridesproject.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards