Canada-Ontario
Options

Response Card Question

Lovely ladies,
We are inviting people from the US to our wedding.... what kind of a stamp do we put on the response card?  Would it be a US stamp?
Thanks for your suggestions...

Re: Response Card Question

• Options
    Yep, you would get US stamps.  You can buy them online. 
    https://store.usps.com/store/browse/category.jsp?categoryId=catBuyStamps&categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps

To mail a standard sized envelope to Canada you'd need $0.85 stamps.

(That all being said, if you have a tough time getting a hold of them or are on a short timeline or whatever, I'm sure your American guests will understand if there is no stamp on the envelope.)
  • Options
    I'm not putting a return stamp on my envelops going out to the USA, all invitations I received from my family in the states never had one so I thought it was the norm.
  • Options
    You could go to your local post office and inquire about US stamps and buy the appropriate amount there. I find them much more knowledgeable than going to shoppers or somewhere else that sells stamps.
  • Options
    I found the USPS and other websites selling US stamps wouldn't ship to Canada, so we ended up just sending them without stamps.  Most of our guests sent them back and just put their own stamp on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just sent my invites out 3 weeks ago and had the same question - I went to a canada post office and they had said that you cannot buy return postage for the US from canada (then she went into a whole explanation about stamps being a form of legal currency or something) So I just left the return envelope without a stamp.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  We ended up sending them out with no return stamps.  Our guests will just have to put their own stamps on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards