Canada-Ontario

Downtown Toronto Hotels

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had attempted or has booked a block of hotel rooms in Downtown Toronto and if so, where they were. Which hotels did you find did not offer discounts on blocks of rooms.
Our ceremony and reception are at the same space, The Capitol Theatre at Yonge/Eglinton and I would like to find a couple options not too far away so that guests won't need to navigate driving downtown (a lot of people are not familiar witht he city) and can use the subway or cabs to get to the venue.

Also, did anyone stay in Downtown Toronto for their "wedding night"? Where did you stay?

Thanks y'all!

Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

• hey we are downtown at the delta chelsea they gave us a block rate of $139 a night and a free upgrade for FI and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Meghasaurus,

Pretty much all hotels will give you a discount if you book a certain number of rooms - I believe 10 is the minimum and they will give you a free upgrade if you stay there. My wedding was in Vaughan and I booked two hotel blocks - Springhill Suites and Monte Carlo Inn and both gave me discounts.  You can also negotiate with them as well, especially if it's off-season. 

With your venue being at Yonge & Eg, I believe there are a couple of hotels on Mount Pleasant and Eglinton.  Just give them a call and talk to their sales department.  Also, you may want to book at two different hotels, one at a higher price point and the other at a lower one just to give your guests some choice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

C.
  • Awesome - thanks souptin and Jewel!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards