Canada-Ontario
Options

When to Book Vendors

Hi ladies!

So we have booked our ceremony/venue, photographer, and officiant. My wedding is not until July 2011 so I am thinking I have time for everything else. When do you guys recommend I book a florist, dj, decor, etc.? Especially in Toronto when I know the good vendors book up early. Any help you can give me would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: When to Book Vendors

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of that stuff last summer (since I teach, I have vacation), and it was more than enough time.  I am doing decor now with the wedding in August, and still no place seems to be filled up - you have lots of time!  I would do DJ next.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how important flowers are to you it might be worth looking into florists.  I know the really good ones book up fast and sometimes only do 1 or max 2 weddings a day.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a year to plan my wedding... so by this point in your timeline, I wasn't even engaged yet Smile

But anyway, my wedding was in August and this is generally when I booked/purchased things:

September - church, reception, photographer, videographer (very high demand), DJ (booked at a bridal show)
    October - dress, started designing invitations (DIY... this was a sloooow process)
    January - ordered stuff for invitations
    February - BM dresses
    March - Cake, printed & assembled invitations
    April - Rings (I think?)
    June - Hair, groom's attire, ordered flowers from wholesaler

We didn't have a decor company (we DIY'ed very simple stuff) or wedding coordinator. My florist was a relative.

You're still pretty far out and I think you'll have lots of flexibility to book your other vendors anytime before the fall and winter bridal shows. But if you have any specific, super popular vendors that you have your heart set on, it couldn't hurt to start talking to them now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies - This definitely helps. I think we will book a DJ next and I will delay florists until the summer months.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always give some vendors a call and see what timeline they recommend as well - sometimes they will put your name down for a date without a deposit until closer to the wedding date - gives you some piece of mind!  In the meantime, check out all our vendor reviews, etc., to save yourself some time next year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm also getting married in July of 2011 and I booked all the same vendors as you already but also the DJ. I didn't think I would have to book our DJ that far ahead but when I called him up, he had already booked 70% of 2011, luckily my date was available! But, I would highly reccommend doing the DJ ASAP. Best of Luck!
    171 Were Invited to the fun!image
    141 Are ready to party! image
    30 Have other plans! image
    0 Haven't checked their mailbox yet! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards