Canada-Ontario
Options

When is my wedding dress supposed to come in? I think the answer I got makes me nervous

Hi there,

I need advice.

So I ordered my dress on September 28, 09.  My wedding is October 9, 2010.  When I ordered the dress they said it would come in about 4-5 months later.

I just called the bridal shop this morning (roughly the 4 month mark) and they told me that my dress is not scheduled to arrive until June 6 but she will try to get it in sooner. 

June 6....is that not cutting it too close and also, that would be 9 months after I ordered it which I find strange.  I thought it only takes 6 months at most to come in but maybe I am wrong.

Any thoughts on how I should handle the situation or what I shoulde do would be welcomed.  I don't want to end up in a bad situation.  Should I be worried at this point?

Monique

Re: When is my wedding dress supposed to come in? I think the answer I got makes me nervous

• Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your wedding is not until October, you have nothing to worry about if it's coming in June. (Although I know it's incredibly exciting and you probably just can't wait to see your dress!) You still have 4 months for alterations which is plenty. And the fact that they gave you a date to expect it is a good sign. If you are still concerned, you could call them back and ask if there was a reason for the delay. And with all wedding related vendor questions, just always make sure you get the name of the person you are speaking to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June leaves you plenty of time. They may have actually timed the order to come in at that time, so as to avoid having the dress spend too much time being stored at the store or your home.

The lead time for a dress depends on the dress and the designer, but can be up to 9 months.

My dress arrived in May for my August wedding, but I didn't start alterations until June.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll be fine for time.  It's odd that they told you 4-5 months - they usually overestimate.  They told me 6-8 months and mine came in less than 4, but I won't be getting it altered until the end of May (for an early August wedding).
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I just wanted to make sure it was normal.  My friends who have gotten married have either had their dresses made or was purchased off the rack so they bypassed the whole ordering thing and could not relate.

Have a great night!
    Monique
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards