Canada-Ontario
Options

Backdrop Rental?

Has anyone looked into renting the backdrop for their ceremony. 
I'm scouring the web for vendors... any recommendations? 

Re: Backdrop Rental?

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue gave us a business card/contact info for their in-house decorator.  She's got her own company but does most/all of the decorating at our venue (although we could pick someone else to do it).  She showed us pictures of backdrops/draping/etc. that she can do.

A decorating company can do what you want - either through your venue or on your own.  I would start with asking your venue.

Alternatively, you might find one on Craigslist that someone DIYd and is re-selling.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you looking for in terms of a backdrop?  Maybe let us know where you are getting married and the layout which will help!  We got married in a church so didn't really do much ceremony decor.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Littlin.  I read the OP wrong, I thought it was a backdrop for the headtable.

I think the only "backdrop" I've seen used at ceremonies is a little archway or something similar.  Is what what you're looking for?  Is the ceremony outdoors or in a church?
  • Options
    grlandherdoggrlandherdog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's in a smaller restaurant  - Globe Bistro. 

the picture on the first page of the website is the dining room which I'm not doing anything to decor wise, because it's beautiful!  But the ceremony is upstairs, in a darker lounge type room.  The windows look across the street at a brick building in on the danforth.  I don't want that view in pictures.

I was going to make my own, but I also wanted a back up plan just in case.  My uncle has a professional frame for tradeshows, and I was going to handstencil a king size sheet.  
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Enzo from http://www.specialeventdraping.com/
    Though I know Globe is not that large so I'm not sure if he is fitting but his work is great.

The food at Globe is delicious! You'll have a yummy meal for sure!
  • Options
    grlandherdoggrlandherdog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE GLOBE.
    loooooooooooooove!  Have you seen their dining room behind the front bar room?
    so lovely :)

Saturday brunch wedding - can't wait!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards