Canada-Ontario
Options

The PERFECT venue?

Hey ladies I need your help again :)
I am looking for the perfect venue for my wedding, i am hoping to have it by water but if you've got the perfect spot without water i may be inclined to check it out!
Would love to have it all inclusive, if i'm travelling (from Peterborough ON) I need accomodations relatively close if not on premises.
I don't mind travelling if it's for the ideal spot, I've looked in the muskokas, niagara and although i see a few i like the dollars are pretty high.
ANY suggestions i'm happy to check out
Thanks in advace, I know your advice will be wonderful as it always is!
~Jess

Re: The PERFECT venue?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of venues in Toronto - you'll have to help us if you want us to help you!  Ones that are along the waterfront are Palais Royale, Atlantis, Liberty Grand, anything on the Toronto Island, etc.  These are a bit higher on the budget side but I don't know what you are looking for in terms of costs (a very personal choice).

I know you said "all inclusive" - I'm guessing that means venue and food and drink, but what are you looking for in terms of ambiance and how many are you looking to serve?  Do you want guests to be able to stay over at the venue, or are you ok with them finding accommodations off site?
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue (The Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club) is located right downtown Toronto on the lake. It has an amazing view of lake Ontario. There is a hotel down less then 5 minutes down the street.

It's not all inclusive in terms of having it's own catering, but you can bring in whoever you want. The venue comes with a fully stocked bar, kitchen for your caterer, chairs, tables ect.. There is a huge nice balcony outside as well!

Here are a few pictures

Good Luck and I hope you find something you love!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jess just posted about eventsource.ca on another thread - I used it when I was doing my initial reception search as well - you can try that?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Family alone is 100 people so if we're headed to TO or area i would like them to be able to spend the night and not have to spend an arm and a leg. by all inclusive i was hoping to try to keep it until 100/p for venue and food. drinks can be a bit of a different story as drinking has different definitions, i dont personally drink but would like wine with dinner. others may choose to use the bar. as we'll still be coming back to Ptbo to have a bigger party with all the friends as well and i don't want to break the bank.
    thanks ladies
    ~Jess
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Lake House in Pickering.  It is right on the lake, $61.75 per person to start and prices go up from there...i'm sure there are hotels hearby and its a shorter distance than toronto.  It is really a beautiful venue right on the water. 

I am also getting married at the Argonaught Rowing club like Heather above.  It is the hidden gem of toronto and the price is what you make it as you bring in your own caterer.  But the Argo Club and The lake house is 2 different feels..one more rustic than the other.  Sunnyside Pavillion is beautiful but requires a summer wedding.

use venue source to do your research.  You have the benefit of time so if you find something perfect you will likely get the date you want.

Do you have to be on a lake in toronto?  In Barrie/Orillia and north there are some great places.  Also in Mississauga/port credit there are also great places.

Monique
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I also used this photographer's website to help me with venues: 
    http://www.bostonimages.com/reception.html

He/she seems to also take amazing photos so you could consider using them if you wish as well.

Monique
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards