Canada-Ontario

Inn On the Twenty?

Hey! I'm recently engaged and trying to plan a 2010 wedding. I feel in love with the Inn on the Twenty, just off their website and photo's that I've seen. I  have an appointment to see the property this weekend but I was just wondering if anyone has planned a wedding at this venue or gone to a wedding here.

Let me know please :)

Re: Inn On the Twenty?

• Need a DressNeed a Dress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been there but only for a couples massage on our anniversary. The spa was great and the town is charming.
  • sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend was married there.  The food was very good and they even made her  wedding cake.  It was a very charming and elegant wedding.
  • ChihuahuaGolfChihuahuaGolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there in September 2008 - it is very pretty and the service was very good.  Just a couple of things:

1)  One wall is entirely windows - beautiful view of the sunset during dinner...except we couldn't see anything (speeches/head table, etc.) because the head table was up against that wall.  You might thing a sunset would be a lovely backdrop for your head table - but the glare meant we couldn't see anything...and when we did try to look, we got headaches from looking right at the sun.  Maybe re-think the room setup...we are doing this at our venue that has a simlilar "wall o'windows."

2)  The food was fantastic...but soooo small!  Everyone was starving.  The main entree was a tiny little circle of beef, about 2.5 inches in diameter.  It was topped by a thin potato patie, which had 3 green beans arranged in a tent on top.  Sauce was of course drizzeled in a beautiful pattern over the whole thing.  Maybe ask about protion size...I am a very small girl and I can only imagine the hunger pains my 6'6" FI was having. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys! I actually booked with Ancaster Old Mill instead :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards