Canada-Ontario

I said Yes to the Dress... and did a good deed at the same time!

I'm so excited!

Today I bought an absolutely gorgeous wedding dress at www.thebridesproject.com ... and all of the funds go directly to cancer charities!

This not-for-profit organization sells gently worn (and sometimes new, like mine was) wedding dresses, accessories and even flower girl & mother-of-the-bride dresses and all of the proceeds go to community cancer charities.

I have been working in Michigan for the majority of the last 4 months and hadn't yet gotten it together to get an appointment at the Toronto location when I've been home. I was so happy to discover that they actually have another location near where I've been staying in Michigan so I checked it out today... so glad I did!

It's so awesome that I was able to walk out with my dream dress AND the money went somewhere that needed it (ie. not the wedding machine!).

Re: I said Yes to the Dress... and did a good deed at the same time!

• It's definitely an awesome place!  I went there too to try on some dresses, but need to go back to some more on.  And in case anyone's not too sure about this place, about 65% of the dresses are new dresses donated by bridal salons across Canada. Some of them worth over 10K and they range in price from $200-$1250 for the average priced dresses and the ones worth 10K are a little more over that.  Great way to find a dress and help out a cause.
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    My best friend got her dress from there as well!  It's definitely going to be one of the first places I check out when it's time for me to start my dress hunt :)

Congrats! I want to see pictures of your dress!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I found out this afternoon that the dress I bought was not indeed new... just in perfect condition! Here is a link to the story (and awesome slideshow) of the beautiful bride whose dress I bought... enjoy!
    http://www.thebridesproject.org/patrycja-donates-her-dress-and-good-feelings/
    FYI the Canadian (Toronto) branch of the organization's website is www.thebridesproject.com
  • That is so heart warming, I am making an appointment ASAP with them-thanks for sharing :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's so great, souptin! I hope you find the dress for you! And spread the word :)
  • I just got back from the BP.......with MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! it was perfect....and felt so good, it was also once loved but showed ZERO signs of wear, the previous owner left a photo and card with contact information which I cant wait to respond to.
    I am just so happy right now- what an amazing place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PatgdPatgd member
    First Comment
    Love The Brides Project - when my Mom passed away 9 years ago we decided (my Dad, sister and I) to donate her gown to them.  They had someone redesign it before they sold it but since none of us were ever going to be able to fit my mother's dress we loved the idea of her dress being used to help support a cancer related charity since that is what we lost her to.  I fully intend to donate my gown to them as well once I am married because they are such a wonderful charity.
  • I am going to the Bride's Project on Saturday and I really can't wait. I think it is an amazing thing you're buying the dress of your dreams and at the same time helping people who have Cancer. Also I figure if I don't find my dream dress there I'm going to donate it to the project after. 
  • I bought mine from there today and my cousin bought her's there two years ago! I LOVE that place! Also, they allowed me to bring my old bridesmaids dresses there as they'll find a place to donate them so tell your girls about them as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards