Canada-Ontario

Hello Toronto Knotties? Help Please :)

Hello! congrats to you all.

I am a Michigan/Metro Detroit knottie and I really need some help. My fiance and I are looking to take a mini honeymoon to either Toronto or Niagara Falls this June. I have only been to Toronto during the Caribbean Festivals and Niagara Falls once for a day trip. Would anyone please be able to recommend a Luxury hotel and maybe some nice and romantic things to do?We just want to relax, spa, eat and maybe a nice night on the town one of the evenings.

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Hello Toronto Knotties? Help Please :)

• edited December 2011
    hey the Royal York is awesome a bit pricey, but they know how to pamper you
  • msawkamsawka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure when in June you're thinking of going, but I would avoid Toronto the June 25-26th weekend (my wedding weekend!)  That weekend the G20 is being held in Toronto and it is Pride weekend as well.  We had a very hard time finding hotel rooms.
    In terms of places to go...  Niagara-on-the-lake offers many lovely inn and B&B's with excellent wine touring, restaurants, scenery.  you could definitely do the nice dinners, spa, relaxing thing.

Toronto is a totally different scene.... the Park Hyatt at Avenue Rd & Bloor is in the lux Yorkville area with lots of great restaurants and they have an excellent spa as well.

Also in the Yorkville area is the Hazelton Hotel - a very high-end boutique hotel.

Downtown in the entertainment district is the Hotel St. Germain, which is very cool.  I've eaten at their restaurant and was not disappointed.

If you figure out where eaxctly you'd want to go, I could offer more specific suggestions on locations.

To save costs, you could always go mid-week..
  • LaurenArnettLaurenArnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read your post and had to put my two cents in as I am a Hotelier...

I absolutely agree with the above post - Check out Niagara on the Lake. I have lived in Toronto all of my life and never ventured there until last summer - its was SO Beautiful!! I absolutely loved it and its a very romatice place to be! They have some vintage/themed hotels there that are trendy, antique, whatever your style! Plus its only about 30 mins from Niagara Falls so you can do the fun tourist thing also!

Toronto will be an entirely different feel. If you are looking for luxury - try the King Edward (LE Merridian - its a starwood Hotel) and its central to many restaurants and the entertainment district. A great place if you like luxury feel.
  • edited December 2011
    thNK YOU Lauren and Ms Awkwa!! I will be sure to follow up with what we aere leaning towards...I appreciate the feedback!! :)
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely need to agree with PP about Niagara-on-the-Lake.  It's the sweetest, most romantic town.  There's the White Oaks Conference Resort and Spa about 10-15 minutes out of the downtown area, which is great if you want more of the resort/spa side of things or you can stay right downtown at one of the many bed and breakfast inns.  During the day, you can go to the park or walk and get fudge; at night, there are plays and such.  At least, this is how I remember it from my last visit.

HTH!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niagara on the Lake. Hands down. I dont think i have ever read a review that has been poor on any of the b&b's. I have friends that stay in a B&B there every year before heading to Vermont.  The wine route is incredible; you will not be dissappointed. Its culture, history and romance all rolled into one.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

My fiancé took me to the Oban Inn and Spa in Niagara-on-the-Lake to propose...it was AMAZING! The chef they have is AWESOME, really good food. The Inn is close to the small shops and boutiques and also near the waterfront. They have a great spa too. We did a couples massage the next day and didn't want to leave! You can also do some wonderful wine tours :) We like Tawse Winery.
  • eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

karagrace78

That place sounds lovely. Im thinking about an extended get away there to get  my fi and I away from the hustle and bustle of wedding planning :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards