Canada-Ontario
Options

photo booth

HI there

i'm having one at my wedding, didn't realize that the package was only for 150 printouts.. should i be ordering according to how many people will be at the wedding, or assume maybe 200 people will take it out of the 250 ish?

I just doubt that some people will be interested in it, but i also dont want certain people going up for a few shots and them going home with 3 shots when some will go home with maybe 1 or none..

Thanks! I need some advice

Re: photo booth

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you pay for extra printouts "by consumption" as you use them?

For 200 people I would assume at least 250 printouts, I expect most people who do it will take more than one picture.

Did you ask the rental company?  I'm sure that from experience they will be able to tell you how many prints to expect based on the number of people you have.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a printout option, but we did a photo booth by renting a camera and tripod and auto-taker thing, plus the frame and bought some fabric - we had over 600 pictures on the memory card by the end of the night - people loved it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_photo-booth-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:dd0120ab-8a2c-45ae-9570-87b1eeb16a78Post:bb43950c-8fe5-4675-b7ce-8bf7ddabe203">Re: photo booth</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't have a printout option, but we did a photo booth by renting a camera and tripod and auto-taker thing, plus the frame and bought some fabric - we had over 600 pictures on the memory card by the end of the night - people loved it!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]

That is an amazing idea! My FI and I have been toying with the idea of some kind of photo booth but the cost was turning us off. We wanted to make the frame etc and provide some silly props but didn't know how to manage the actual taking of the pictures. How much did is cost for you to rent the camera/tripod / auto taker thing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Vistek for the rentals - I think for everything it was $250.  We got the fabric from Fabricland (cream with gold stars which we are turning into a Christmas table cloth and throw pillows!) for about $30.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I got all the props at the Dollar Store - there are tons of pictures from it on my married bio - the only thing you have to make sure of is that the camera is centered with the fabric right across it before you start.  Someone moved our camera so you can see where the fabric ends, but it didn't really matter - everyone had a blast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well i got a good deal on it due to it being off-season.. but didnt realize it was for 150 printouts.. They are avilable online anyway after the wedding, so i'm not totally worried. I know some people are camera crazy,so i'll have to put some kind of limit on it, otherwise it's unfair and it isnt a photoshoot, lol. I wasn't interested in doing it all by myself as i have a ton of other things to do and it will already be all prepared and it's one of the nicest photo booths out there.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have really liked to have a photo booth at my wedding. It's an unique and entertaining idea. Unfortunately, the prices did not fit within our budget so we got a video kiosk instead. It you remember Much Music's "speaker's corner" It is exaclty like that. People can leave what ever messages whether serious or funny as many times as they want and then the company will give us the DVDs.

To answer your question/concern, I do think the photo booth will be quite popular at your reception so you should look into the option/flexibility of getting more printouts or let your guests know that there is a limit to the amount of pics they can take.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to rent the stuff from vistek also and should be around the $200 range.  Our photographer said that the 2nd photographer will man the booth for us at no charge.  As long as I get some cool props to make it fun and interesting.  Once the booze kicks in... I'm sure people will want it. 

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and they had a kiosk and you walk up and touch the screen and it gets recorded and who ever owns it will edit it and give the  bride and groom a disk.  I took a business card and it's www.guestmoments.com have not looked at the site or no idea what they charge... but the machine was self serve and pretty neat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_photo-booth-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:dd0120ab-8a2c-45ae-9570-87b1eeb16a78Post:7a0a973c-7db1-468a-8179-1913ce3e1a12">Re: photo booth</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have really liked to have a photo booth at my wedding. It's an unique and entertaining idea. Unfortunately, the prices did not fit within our budget so we got a video kiosk instead. It you remember Much Music's "speaker's corner" It is exaclty like that. People can leave what ever messages whether serious or funny as many times as they want and then the company will give us the DVDs. To answer your question/concern, I do think the photo booth will be quite popular at your reception so you should look into the option/flexibility of getting more printouts or let your guests know that there is a limit to the amount of pics they can take.
    Posted by mattycam[/QUOTE]

Thats a really cool idea!!</p>
    <p>Thanks :)</p>
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_photo-booth-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:dd0120ab-8a2c-45ae-9570-87b1eeb16a78Post:5b154918-1bd7-4431-9118-0f1f2cb1dd36">Re: photo booth</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: photo booth : Thats a really cool idea!! Thanks :)
    Posted by portuguesa284[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! The website is <a href="http://www.tributekiosk.com/">www.tributekiosk.com</a> for more info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards