Canada-Ontario

makeup

I am looking for someone to do makeup. Price is a major factor, but of course I want them to be talented. Does anybody have someone good? Thanx

Re: makeup

• miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my girl and she was very reasonably priced. She does both hair and makeup, and on the wedding day brought a secondary makeup artist who was also amazing.

Her name is Gina and here is her Facebook group.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=87958255275
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of the make up artists at places like MAC and Clinique do freelance work.  You could find someone that way.  That's what my sister did for her wedding.  She had gone to the same girl at the MAC counter several times and knew she liked her, so she hired her to come in for the wedding.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a MAC artist come and do my makeup (pics on married bio) along with the bridal party.  If you want her email, let me know.  She did an incredible job.  

I have another MAC contact who did my trial, but ended up getting seriously injured the day before the wedding (hence leading me to my amazing MUA), who also did a really good job.  It was a more subdued version of my wedding makeup, if you are looking for something a bit softer.  

I'm glad I ended up with the replacement girl, believe it or not, all the BM's were blown away with what a great job she did!
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The team at blush pretty is amazing! Stephanie owns it, and is a doll!

Def look her up! she looks up fast though so contact her soon!
  • michellereismichellereis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a makeup artist, I would love to help you out. MEssage me if you have any questions or want details.

Michelle
  • edited December 2011

slightly off topic, but what's a "reasonable price" for hair and makeup per person?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair girl charged me $65 for the bride and $55 for everyone else. IMO that was a great price. Dunno about makeup; I did my own. But I would expect it to be similar. I think $60-$80 is very good, $80-$120 is decent, $120+ is more than I'd be willing to pay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $65 for makeup and $65 for hair.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That included lashes and 60% off any MAC products we wanted to stock up on (since they get that discount for working at the store - she just brought a ton of products that we asked from her in advance - it was great!).
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying $115 for onsite hair and makeup. Comes up touch up kit for the bride :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Littlin!  I'm not sure how to msg you, but I was wondering if I could get more info from you on who did your hair and make-up... you look beautiful!!!

Thanks!

Tamara
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you!  My hair was done by Jeremy at Salon Liberte (Yonge & Dundas) - we went to the salon, but I know he's gone to people's houses as well.  Chako also works there and does an incredible job.

My makeup was done by Zenah, a MAC artist.  I only have her email.  I will send it to you via private message (there is a sidebar to the right you can click on to check your messages).
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK well I tried to send you a PM but it said "user not found".  I don't think she'd mind me sharing her info - I emailed her to ask first and she loves referrals.  Her email is zenah01 at yahoo dot com.
  • edited December 2011
    THank you so much!!!  Laughing
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanx a lot!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like her and have a trial, make sure you share some pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards