Canada-Ontario
Options

trying to invite my nieces and nephews and not other people's kids

hi everyone.
so i'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have 5 nieces and nephews ages 8 and under. my fiance also has 3 nieces and nephews ages 8 and under. the youngest is 2. we obviously want them at our wedding however some of our guests, family friends and such have children and we really don't want to invite them (not being rude).

how is it possible for us to invite the kids in our family and not other children? i could not imagine not having my nieces and nephews at my wedding, just because i don't want children at my wedding. i have been there for them all of their lives and i'm like a second mother to them.

what do i put on the invite and what do i say when those guests who could not bring their kids notice all of my nieces and nephews at the wedding?

thank you

Re: trying to invite my nieces and nephews and not other people's kids

• Options
    We are in a similar situation. We want our nieces and nephews but no other kids. We listed how many seats were "reserved in your honour" on our invites which in a round about way indicates no kids but if someone asks we will just say the only kids welcome are our nieces and nephews.
    I think most people understand.
  • Options
    I did this and it was fine, everyone understood.   I had my own kids of course and I invited all kids in my immediate family and that of my husband.

(total 11 kids, 13 including my own)

I actually had two babies as well since I left it up to the parents if they wanted to bring babies.
  • Options
    We invited only the kids in the wedding party (and their siblings) but, I don't have any nieces or nephews.

I think it is perfectly okay to say family only when it comes to kids, people really do understand (I know from experience!)
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards