Canada-Ontario

Centerpieces

What do you guys/gals think I should do for my centerpieces.

I cannot do candles, my venue is an art gallery; and they have a no candle policy.
I am crafty, and so our my girl, so I want to do a DIY centerpiece.  I could go with:

1.  Potted Flowers, such as mums or gerbera daisies, and wrap the pots in something pretty. 
2.  I could create something using flameless candles (and put them in something that disguises them a little)
3.  or I could do a little floating waterlilly in small bowls with some river rock in them.

Those are my current ideas, but Im open to other suggestions in addition to feedback about these ideas!

Thanks!

Re: Centerpieces

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all great ideas! The only thing I worry about with potted plants is the soil in the pots on the dinner table. A collection of luminaries could be pretty, and disguise the flameless candles nicely. The bowl + water + flower thing is pretty, but very common.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your right about the soil issue for sure. As soon as somehas had a few too many!!!! I also think I agree about the flower, water, bowl thing being a tad over done.  I best get crafting!!!
  • penad5penad5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm actually doing eatable centerpieces - i found a cookie pan that makes cookies shaped like daisys - so i'm going to decorate them and put them in a nice vase.  Then when people get hungery in the evening they can have a treat

TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap TBD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards