Catholic Weddings

Marriage Encounter

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in a long while but try to pop on and take a peek every now and then even though I may not post.

As some of you know the early part of this year was really rough for H and I. (He had been out of a job for 16 months and we were living with my IL's). We had some arguments and needed some better communication tools so we sought help from our Deacon at church. He told us he could tell we still loved each other very much, but to put it in his exact words we had been "going through hell." Back in November we did a WWME weekend. For those of you that have done or will do EE, it is the same weekend concept and timeline.

I just wanted to take a moment to say it was the best experience for H and I that we have had during our marriage besides our wedding day itself. H has said that he feels closer and more connected to me than ever before. The weekend gave us so many useful tools (I am not going to go into too much detail) that we are currently using each and every single day. If you adopt the philosophy, if you will, it will become a lifestyle for both you and your spouse. So if you or your H think that you could use a little boost or are having trouble communicating, a ME weekend might just be the best thing. I know I sound like a salesperson here, but H and I are actually staying involved in the community. We have met a lot of great couples who are facing or who have faced the same challenges we have in our young marriage.

Now that H and I are on our own, we are currently TTC. I am also going back to school in a few weeks and only have 10 classes left to finish my license.

Re: Marriage Encounter

• I'm so glad to hear the marriage encounter went well for you!  I have seen it advertised in our parish bulletin and I don't think we're going to get to go this year with my husband's work schedule, but I'm REALLY hopeful for next year!

And congrats on TTC!
    Anniversary

• Thanks, prof!

Yeah we are going to try to come up with some ways to promote it at church as well. We have to talk to our priest about giving a little talk after mass one of these days.
  • So glad to hear things are going so well for you guys! Yay for TTC!

Thanks for sharing about ME, sounds like it was a great experience!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's awesome!  I'm glad things seem to be getting a little easier for you, Missy.  I remember when you posted here more often, and I know how difficult things were for you.  Congrats on TTC!!! 

• It's good to hear from you! I am really glad you had such a great experience - thanks for sharing with us!
  • Everyone I know that has done Engaged Encounter and / or Marriage Encounter has only good things to say about it / them. My parents who have been married for almost 40 years go to one every 2 to 3 years and have for as long as I can remember. They have an awesome marriage, one any of us would be lucky to have, but they work for it too, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to the Engaged Encounter. I did Pre-Cana with my ex and it was a complete waste of time. Good in theory, did not execute well.

I'm glad ME was a great experience for both of you. Wishing you many many years of happiness and blessings.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you ladies for all the positive thoughts.

I hope to be around here more often :) My IL's also did a ME weekend about 30 years ago and met some people they are still very good friends with today. H and I have talked about doing an "anniversary weekend" a few years down the road.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards