Catholic Weddings

Timing Advice

Hi ya'll, I was wondering if I could get some advice on timing? Our wedding is at 12:30pm, we are having a full Mass, and our reception site is about 25-30 minutes away. We are blessed to have a place that will let us start the reception whenever, but we're not sure what time to our reception...what time do ya'll think? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timing Advice

• edited December 2011
    If Mass begins at 12:30, it will probably finish between 1:30 and 1:45.  Are you doing a receiving line afterward?  That would add a couple minutes. 
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i would start at 2pm.  that gives you the hour for mass/ceremony, then your travel time.  people will be hungry, especially the ones who got up early to travel.   they woudl have eaten very early.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ya'll. We are not allowed to do a receiving line at our Church (it's one of the California missions so it has some pretty strict rules) and we only get 30 minutes after the wedding to do pictures. Most people will also not be able to park very close to the Church because of it's location, so we're figuring about a 10 minute walk (ish). Not sure if people are going to stand around and talk afterwards since it will be a kind of big-ish wedding, lots of family, friends, colleagues? Would it be weird to start a reception at 2:30?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    will you be having a cockail hour?  if so, that's when many folks will socialize, mingle, talk, etc.  i'm a big fan of starting your reception immediately after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards