Catholic Weddings
Options

Calypso1977

Would you say that TCOYF is the same as NFP?

Re: Calypso1977

• Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    technically, no.  TCOYF teaches "Fertility Awareness Method" or FAM, which allows for use of condoms during your fertile phase.  Otherwise, all other tenets of FAM comply with NFP.  We do not use condoms for 2 reasons.  1, its against NFP teaching since you are using an articificial device, and 2, in theory you are using htem during a time which  you are fertile, which seems pretty dumb to do in the event the condom breaks, IF you are absoltely trying to avoid pregnancy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I see. We don't use them anyway. Thanks! Where did you find more information on NFP?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    honestly, as far as how to learn the method, etc. i just used that book.  and i've asked a lot of questions on here - this board has a lot of nfp'ers.  www.ovusoft.com is the website that promotes TCOYF.  i was able to download for free my charts.  you can buy software, but for me, its been easier to keep a notebook next to my bed.i got my basal thermometer online from the couple to couple league. www.ccli.org if i took any class, it would be wtih them, but for now i'm feeling comfortable with self teaching.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in here... I took a CCLI class a while back, but CCLI also has a self-teaching kit if I remember correctly. And their basal body thermometer is awesome. I had one that I bought at Walgreens, which broke within a few months. The thermometer I got from CCLI, on the other hand, is still kicking more than 5 years later. Sorry for the intrusion -- I know I'm not Calypso. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    trust me, gulf, you dont wanna be me!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took a CCLI class a while back, but CCLI also has a self-teaching kit if I remember correctly. And their basal body thermometer is awesome. I had one that I bought at Walgreens, which broke within a few months. The thermometer I got from CCLI, on the other hand, is still kicking more than 5 years later. I haven't had the new thermometer for five years, and the original one was from Target, but otherwise, I have had the exact same experience.Plus, it has this handy little beep when it is done--wakes me back up
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards