Catholic Weddings
Options

Song- Yay or Ney?

So FI and I really love the song "Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel and want to use it in our ceremony during communion (a time when we can have a long song). Our Priest approved it, so we can use it, the only thing is we have a female singer and only a harp and trumpet accompaniment. Do you think this will sound good/okay? Will people think it odd at that time or even hear the words? Its a special song to us. You can hear the song here: http://tinyurl.com/c4ns2w P.S. we are taking out the "bad" word in the second line :)

Re: Song- Yay or Ney?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First, I would ask the musicians what they think. They will have the best idea of how it will sound. You also need to have a good arrangement that works for all the musicians, no? Is that something you can provide or you will expect them to provide? For me, that is more detail than I can handle so I wouldn't do it. I am having a hard time imagining how it would sound, but it might be cool. Or are you asking if you can use the song recording when you have musicians for the rest of the time? If so, definitely yes, but I would rather use the live musicians I had. I know someone who had pre-wedding live musicians that played over her recorded entrance song--but it worked out okay. Second, I think it would be very odd to hear it during Communion. I like the song, and can picture it being used effectively at a secular or less formal religious wedding, but I think during Communion is the time I would least expect secular music. I would listen to the words because it would be such a surprise. Some very traditional guests may be put off. I wouldn't be put off, but it does not mesh with the type of stuff I usually like to hear at that time--religious music or silence.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :-) Is that the song in "shall we dance" ???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards