Catholic Weddings
Options

prayers please!

My newborn godson Peyton was life flighted to a major hospital last night in critical condition for seizures and internal bleeding. He flat lined twice, has possible brain damage and is not responding. A priest did an emergency baptism last night before he went on the helicopter. Please please pray for him and his very young, very scared parents. The doctors have said all we can do right now is pray. He's only a week old.
My little loves
PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: prayers please!

• Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh, shorty, i'm so sorry..  i hope all will be ok.  thank goodness he got his baptism last night.  hopefully that sacrament will help him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awh poor kiddo. I'm glad to hear he got baptised. I'll say a rosary for him tonight. ( for some reason I always got taught to pray to mary if something is wrong with little kids)
  • Options
    procowarner15procowarner15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this, your godson and his parents will definitely be in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    latest update: the hospital believes its one of these three issues 1. an infection 2. a problem with his liver 3. something they can't pin point that's causing the seizures. We are all praying it's 1, it will be easily treatable and he will come out of it fairly unscathed. 2 is hard to treat, but he won't have brain damage. 3 will most likely result in brain damage.DH is going up to be with the dad as soon as he gets off shift.
    My little loves
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Poor kiddo :( He's in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    latest update: the doctors have given him a medication that will hopefully help, but it may also kill him. it was the last option and there was no more time to wait. we have about two hours to know if it worked or not. I've never felt so helpless in my life and I'm all alone at work so if any of you are on I could really use your support and prayers and vibes and anything you have for Peyton.
    My little loves
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness!!!  I pray that he pulled through safely.  I'm so sorry your family has to go through this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any update on the little one? Prayers for you /him/ his family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're all in my thoughts and prayers.  Hope they can determine what the problem is and treat it.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for Peyton as well. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone posted on the July 09 board that Peyton had passed away (originally posted on Shortycole's facebook page). I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I am so sorry. My prayers are with this family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards