Catholic Weddings

Responsoral Hymns?

...must they be a part of a nuptial mass or ceremony within the church? Just wondering what is mandatory and what is flexible dependent upon what the couple would like to include? Thanks ladies! :)

Re: Responsoral Hymns?

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure you have to have them.  Your priest should have given you a copy of "Together for Life" which lists every part of the ceremony and what you can choose from.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they should be required. However, they might be flexible on whether they are sung, or merely spoken.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine were spoken, but I believe that you must have them. Ours wasn't in the "Together for Life" book, but it was approved by our priest. We did "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad."
  • DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never posted on here before but love the idea of "This is the Day the Lord has Made". I am a church singer and we have a really nice version of this... thanks for the idea! Another nice one is Blessed are Those Who Love You- It talks about family life and if your church has a bue gather hymnal, it is arranged really nicely in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards