Catholic Weddings

Receiving Line...

How is everyone's receiving line structured?  After walking down the isle for the recessional, are you, bride and groom walking back up the isle and dismissing guests row by row?Or are you having a traditional receiving line at the end of the isle, the back of the church and guests come to you?If this is the case, are you having parents, wedding party stand with you?  Or just you and your groom?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Receiving Line...

• edited December 2011
    We're doing a traditional receiving line. I was planning on including the MOH/BM (my sister, his bro), but thinking about how long they usually take (we have a big guest list), I'm pretty sure I'm knocking it down, to me/FI, my parents, his parents and calling it a day.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    we tried to have a traditional receiving line in the church lobby. we ended up first getting mobbed by the bridal party, and then it just went crazy from there. I didn't see DH for 20 minutes because he was pulled in another direction by guests. so I saw lots of people, but not all, and DH and I saw different people. very strange haha
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I did a rcv'g line, I'd have it be b/g and our parents.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had an impromptu line outside the door.  it was just us and my mom and my moh.  it wasnt really organized or planned.
  • Tasha8182Tasha8182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're opting not do do a receiving line after the ceremony, but we will visit with each table at the reception.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're going to do it as guests exits the back of the church. It will just be us, my parents and his mother. I think it's extremely awkward for everyone involved to have the entire bridal party in the receiving line. Unless, of course the BP is only family members.
  • edited December 2011
    We'd rather do a short receiving line at the church (me/FI, my parents, his parents & steparents) but we have a 2pm ceremony (without communion) and the Saturday vigil mass will start at 4pm, so we may not have time.  Even if the ceremony is over at 2:30, the receiving line would take us til 3 at least, then we'd need to do pics. So we're probably going to have to arrange something at the reception.
    Crosswalk
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    pirata, i think you'd have time.  our line went pretty quick - but we only had about 74 people. 
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was told and very glad i stuck to the parents & us only rule.  there is no reason anyone from BP needs to be in that line; no offence but no one really cares about them.  they want to thank you, and your parents are there to introduce the sides to you and thank as appropriate.  ours was outside the church doors and we thanked/greeted as each guest walked out.  it should go your parents - you - DH - his parents.  this way they can cross over and introduce you to everyone you may not know. 
  • TiffanyB321TiffanyB321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riss91 I really love your save the dates and was looking at your bio and was wondering if you could e-mail me more details about how you made them. My e-mail is bocciotm@gmail.com. TIA! Tiffany
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards