Catholic Weddings

Last-minute change in priest

The church called me to say that they are changing our priest at the last minute. (The ceremony is next weekend!) I'm fine with the priest we will have. My only problem is that the programs have already been printed. I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with this. Ask the priest to announce that there has been a change? Create some kind of insert to go in the program? What would you do? And if you'd go with the insert, what would you put on it?

Re: Last-minute change in priest

• baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Are you worried about the priest being offended, or confusing the people?  Unless this is your parish church, and your family all attend Mass there, most of the guests will probably not even know that the priest is not the one you put in the program.  Also, I'm sure the new priest realizes that the switch was done very late and, if he hears that you already printed the programs, will not be upset or offended that it's not HIS name in the program.But, if you really feel strongly about it, you could probably put in an insert that says "Due to a conflict in scheduling, Father N will be performing the nuptial Mass."  Or something like that.  Just make sure you have enough time or enough people to stuff the programs beforehand. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards