Catholic Weddings

what did you include...

in your programs?I am trying to put mine together, and can't decide what to put in.  Did you all put the actual verses in or just what they are?  Did you put in the responses?A little background....We are having a full mass, but outside our families not many are catholic.  so how much should i put in so that they all feel involved, and not lost in the 1 hour celebration?

Re: what did you include...

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The majority of my guests were Catholic so this answer may not be relevant to you... but anyway, PIB and a template of my program in my planning bio under Paper & DIY.I wanted to keep it pretty simple because I didn't want people to be buried in the program rather than following along. I included "Lord hear our prayer" as the intercessions response, and also the text to the hymns. In hindsight, perhaps I should have included more responses and also a short description of what to do during the sign of peace (this is the part that I find most non-Catholics are the most confused with when they attend mass). But despite that, most of our non-Catholic guests commented that they loved the ceremony.I didn't bother with any mention of non-Catholics not being able to take communion. Usually priests are good about making an announcement anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my program in bio under FAF link if interested... we just had the lay of the land, so to speak.  responses were included, but not the whole mass.  no one reads these things.
  • tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I typed an example out in a pp.  It's under Programs from 9/29/09.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards