Catholic Weddings

I need Help with Wedding Music....Annunciation Catholic Church, Houston TX

Happy Monday Ladies,

have two weeks to finish my programs and I have to have my music approved by the music director two weeks before my wedding. I need music for the parents, wedding party, my entrance and the rest of the mass. If anyone knows of a website where I can hear the music that would be great. I looked a couple up on youtube but I'm still trying to get ideas. Do they allow some classical pieces or no? Really, any info is greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need Help with Wedding Music....Annunciation Catholic Church, Houston TX

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is actually a post up at the top of this boeard about music that should give you tons of options.

I would recomend using amazon to listen to music or just googling or youtube as you've already mentioned!

As for guidelines, it can vary by church, but generally anything during the ceremony must absolutely be sacred music. The preludes, processionals, recessional and postludes may not need to be sacred, but they should not be music that is based on anti-Catholic ideas.
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi!  If you tell us what your readings are about and what music books your church uses, we'll probably be able to make more guided suggestions!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Hey Bridebling

I'm actually hoping to marry there too in 2 years.  Are you using the Church organist?  Seems like she (he?) would have good suggestions.

I'm curious to know more about who does the music there.  Let me know if you can.

I'm no help with music, as I haven't really started planning anything yet.  But I hope it goes well for you!  

SaveSave
  • BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're in the process of picking all the readings. As soon as I get them I will post for suggestions. Yes they do have an organists there but I have yet to speak to them we chose FI's cousin to play the organ. I am waiting for the Music Coordinator to call me so I can discuss my options. He has been kinda MIA for the past two months and I'm thinking OMG I have to find music soon!

• doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please do let us know what you pick since the music should reflect the readings. Do you know what books are there (Gather, Breaking Bread/Music Issue, Spirit and Song just to name a few that exist).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked my readings....let me know your suggestions on music I should choose.

First Reading Sirach 26:1-4, 13-16 (Blessed the husband of a good wife)
    Second Reading 1 John 4:7-12 (Because Love is God)
    Gospel John 2 1-11 (Wedding at Cana)

Maybe Psalm 34
  • edited December 2011
    How much is to get married there? I'm currently searching for parishes to marry in and I see Annunciation all the time. How much is for parishoners and non parishoners?  I really hope someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards