Catholic Weddings
Options

How long?

I am starting to plan limo pick ups and figuring out the start time for the reception. How long does a catholic ceremony no mass typically last?
Thanks

Re: How long?

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    estimate 1 hour 15 minutes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yes, about 1 hour to 1 hr and 15 min.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    our was an hour and fifteen.
  • Options
    casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I went to a wedding last night that included a mass and it was just a little over an hour. That is why I was worrying because I had originally thought mine without a mass would be one hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Without a mass it wouldn't be anywhere near an hour.  Maybe 30 min?
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Communion only adds about 10 min to the ceremony (unless you have A LOT of people receiving, we had about 50 and it didn't take very long).  What really adds to the time is how long the readings are, if you do a unity candle, meditation to Mary, how long winded your priest or deacon is, etc.  There was a knottie who had communion, rosary ceremony, and meditation to Mary and her ceremony was only 35 min.  I can't remember if our ceremony was just under or just over an hour.  Most limo companies (at least in my area) had a two hour minimum, so we scheduled him to show up early since it was less than a 1/2 hour to the reception.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say usually under an hour, but like others said it depends on a lot of thing. I'm planning on mine being between 45-60 minutes. What will add time for mine at least, is the receiving line at the end. So I'm expecting to not be DONE at the church for at least an hour and 15 minutes including the line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards