Catholic Weddings

Reader Gift

Any ideas for reader gifts? TIA

Re: Reader Gift

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the person. I got my brother a bottle of his favourite liquor, and my two teenage cousins necklaces and hand lotion sets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We gave each of them, and the Gift Bearers, a $25 gift card to a place they liked (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Barnes & Noble, Target).
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Earrings for two readers and a framed print for another.  Pretty basic, hopefully stuff they'll like, and not too expensive!!

• edited December 2011
    Our readers are married.  We will probably get them a gift certificate for dinner out.  They don't get to eat out much so I think they will enjoy that. 
  • PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I was thinking about a prayer book.  
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What? I had no idea you're supposed to do this.  Is it expected to get them a gift?  What about the people who do presentation of the gifts?  Also, we weren't going to do corsages for the readers.  Is this expected too?  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you, Theresa!   It's one of those "honor just to be asked" kinda things in my book!! I've never been given anything to do readings.  We are getting corsages/boutonnieres for everyone... but as far as I now we aren't planning on doing anything more than that.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Theresa and Ellen, I'm with you all...I wasn't aware of this either!  Our readers are family members, and I was just planning on getting them corsages and sending them each a heartfelt thank you card for taking part in the ceremony.    
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i personally wouldnt do gifts for the gift bearers since this is something many regularly do at mass anyway.  while some people are regular lectors at their churches, its more frequent (in my experience anyway) that tehy've probbaly brought up gifts before. 

i think corsages are nice as it distinguishes them, but certainly not required.
  • Celeste19Celeste19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on doing a mid size print of the Sacred Heart Jesus for each of the couples doing our readings.  We are getting married at the co cathedral of the Sacred Heart.  I hadn't thought about doing corsages for them . . . hmm 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards