Catholic Weddings
Options

*FINALLY* meeting with the deacon

We FINALLY have a meeting with the deacon we are doing our marriage prep with! We're meeting tomorrow evening to begin the whole Pre-Cana process.

I say finally because FI and I have been trying to get a hold of this person since... December. We called this church several times, and they told us repeatedly that they would pass on the message. I'm a student, so this needed to be done before school started back up for the semester, but whatever.

I called, and I nicely (as nicely as I could) explained that we had to see the deacon, this week. So, we are. YAY!

I'm so excited to get this started.

118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: *FINALLY* meeting with the deacon

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Good for you for sticking up for yourself :-)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks. I told FI that when we meet tomorrow, we will make another appt right then and there to do the FOCCUS.

If he says "I'll call you and we can set up an appointment to do the FOCCUS" that's not going to work. At the rate he's going, it'll be April before we do it lol.

118 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with the Deacon on Sunday and he was soooo nice!! I am really excited, but yes it is kinda a pain in the neck to get the ball rolling. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Preists and Deacons are very busy, some people just don't realize what all they do except for say mass and help with mass. We still have to finish ours, but b/c of my work schedule and FI on-call schedule, it has been hard, but we are about to get back on it next week. Sometimes you just have to be persistent and keep calling until they give you an answer. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad to hear that everything has worked out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm much like you: I got NOWHERE by trying to call the parish and set an appointment. They completely gave me the runaround. It took me literally pulling the priest aside after mass to schedule a day and time to meet with him. I'm glad I did, because with FI's deployment schedule, there was only 1 Pre-Cana class and 1 marriage enrichment course left that we could sign up for before our October wedding. Phew!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    edited December 2011
    Sue- Yes, I realize they are busy. That's exactly why we've been trying since the BEGINNING of December. Over two months is ridiculous.

Mehgan- I'm glad you got a hold of yours before your FI deployed! How long is he gone? My friend is marrying a guy in the military, but her church has bent over backwards for her because they all have family that's also in the military. I hope things with yours go much better now.
    118 image
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I should also that that when we tried calling to begin with, we didn't want an appointment before Christmas. We just wanted our appointment on the books for around mid-January. We knew it was unrealistic to expect to see him before Christmas, which was fine.
    118 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards