Catholic Weddings
Options

Song of Songs Quote.....Please help!!

FI picked a quote to go on our program and I really like it but everytime I see it somewhere the words are different. I guess the translation has changed or certain bibles have written it differently or it may be another version for a different religion. But I need the quote that's in the Catholic Bible...since we are both Catholic and his father is a deacon. I'm afraid to have the wrong version on my program. Here is the quote       "Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm; For stern as death is love, relentless as the nether-world is devotion; it's flames are blazing fire." please let me know if this is the Catholic Bible translation.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Song of Songs Quote.....Please help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's a link to the right chapter from the New American Bible, which is the translation used at mass.

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/songs/song8.htm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The scripture that is used at mass for the readings must be from the lectionary and it is from the New American bible.

If you are putting a quote on your program, you can choose from several translations.

New American, New revised standard, or Douey rheims.

• Options
    BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you bilbliophile. Solomon 8:6 correct? I want to make sure the chapter and verse are correct because she's printing them in like two days.
  • Options
    BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agapecarrie.....at least I know I'm not going crazy. Everytime I've seen it, it has been different. Here is the quote that is now on the program Solomon 8:6"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.".

I just googled this and it showed like 10 different translations. this is why I decided to ask.
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used this whole reading for our OT reading.  This is a scan of the Together for Life Mass planning booklet given by the Church (Click to make bigger).

BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards