Pennsylvania-Central

Central PA Wedding Venue - Bring Your Own Alcohol

Hello!

I am recently engaged and looking for a wedding venue in Central PA - Lancaster and surrounding areas for a Fall 2011 event.  My fiance and I live in Gettysburg now but both went to college in Elizabethtown so we thought Lancaster would be a great spot.

We are looking for a wedding venue that has a rustic charm and ideally would allow us to bring our own alcohol.  I love Riverdale Manor but a family member is actually getting married there in July.  Any suggestions for something similar?

Thanks!!

Re: Central PA Wedding Venue - Bring Your Own Alcohol

• redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Stone Mill Inn in Hellam, or try the yellow barn at Landis Valley Muesum. Both have that rustic charm and allow you to bring your own alcohol. You do have to pay for a bartender to serve it but you supply your own alcohol.

We are getting married at the Stone Mill in September and its beautiful.
  • psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Lauxmont Farms in Wrightsville, just outside of Lancaster.  They have a couple of different venues there, I think the Courtyard comes to mind for you.  We didn't tour it b/c our wedding is in winter and there's only 1 inside venue, but I saw some pictures.  You can bring in your own alcohol (we are) and all outside vendors.  Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but the website is www.lauxmontfarms.com
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second the stone mill inn.  Not sure if you can bring your own alcohol to these locations but Wheatland and Cork Factory are beautiful as well.
  • Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd third the Stone Mill Inn. We loved it! Let me know if you have any questions.
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I've seen, most places won't have a problem with you bringing in your own alcohol, but they often charge an "uncorking fee" which can add a significant amount (depending on how many bottles you go through).  So you'll want to look into if they do charge extra if you supply your own and also what their rules are about that.  Many places that prefer to serve their own alcohol/liquor may have stricter requirements with their uncorking fees.
  • ambercurtambercurt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Liberty Place Theater and Conference Center in Lancaster on Oct 8, 2011 (not sure what date you are looking at).  Liberty does not go with your rustic theme, but it is a unique venue.  You provide your own cater and most catering companies allow you to bring your own booze.  If you really want to personalize, I would recommend checking it out.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Pheasant Run Bed and Breakfast.  It was absolutely beautiful and cheaper than the other venues mentioned.  Everyone raved about how great it looked.  You can bring alcohol, but we didn't. 

We considered Stone Mill and Landis Valley.  Loved both of them.  I have heard a ton of issues about Lauxmont.  It is lovely, but not for the price you pay.
  • psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just sayin', lol I haven't had any problems with Lauxmont Farms.   But pricewise, it does depend when you get married.  Ours is NYE, a Friday and the off season, so it's a million times cheaper than getting married in the summer on a weekend.  And they pretty much let you do whatever you want, lol.  They even allow pets (our dog is the RB).   You have free reign for 12 hrs lol.
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • JJLeon210JJLeon210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Mulberry Art Studio in downtown Lancaster. It definitely goes with your rustic theme, and you can bring your own alcohol. The place is gorgeous. Check it out for sure.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS Riverdale Manor was our first choice...until we went to Mulberry Art Studio. You wont be disappionted.
  • edited December 2011
    Riverdale Manor, Lauxmont Farms, Phesant Run Farm all have that rustic feel your looking for plus you can bring your own alcohol.  I'm getting married at Eicher Arts Center.  Historic site built in the 1700's (certainly rustic and beautiful) Plus you can bring your own alcohol without paying someone to serve it (only beer and wine though).  I wouldn't suggest it for more than 150 guests though.
  • edited December 2011
    JJLeon210 - I have been trying to get information on Mulberry Arts Studio for the past several weeks but cannot get anyone to call/email me back.  Do you have a contact there? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    April is the name of the lady that owns it. She is wonderful, and sooo sweet. She met with me on 3 different occassions and spent lots of time with us. They may have been closed during the holidays, not sure. Your best bet might be to stop in this Friday (for First Friday). They will definitely be open and I'm sure April will be there. The first time I went was on First Friday in December, and just my luck there was actually a wedding going on...so I got to see it all decorated and everything. It was perfect...hence why I picked it, without looking anywhere else. Haha. Try calling again this week, but DEFINITELY call or stop in on First Friday. Good luck girl!!
  • hgwright215hgwright215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

JJLeon210, what is Mulberry charging you for your rental fee, if you don't mind me asking. I have been trying to get a hold of some pricing info, with no luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards