Catholic Weddings

Cool Website Arguing for Natural Birth Control

My aunt posted this website on facebook, I thought it was worth sharing:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cool Website Arguing for Natural Birth Control

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_cool-website-arguing-for-natural-birth-control?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:3b5d4095-1681-4232-8558-4fcc0d0ba452Post:1006f95c-cd9a-4737-b1aa-7a57be815302">Cool Website Arguing for Natural Birth Control</a>:
    [QUOTE]My aunt posted this website on facebook, I thought it was worth sharing: <a href="http://www.1flesh.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.1flesh.org/</a>
    Posted by MedStudent13[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been following this blog for awhile, it's awesome!!  They're secular, but have lots of really good information.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very cool!  Thanks for sharing!
    Anniversary

• Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!  I'm always up for a new blog, religious or not.

• I actually appreciate the push for natural family planning coming from a secular viewpoint.  Too many people brush it off simply because of its affiliation with the church.
    Anniversary

• As a graphic designer, I find the graphics pretty compelling. I agree that it's nice to see something pushed from a secular view, because it will make all of those people who dismiss it because "religious" people are into it perhaps take a second look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks for sharing the website. It is crazy to me how many people have just never heard of FAM or NFP. Although I am encouraged that my non-religious friends who I have discussed it with are actually pretty interested, although they still think I'm a little crazy.

I had an awkward moment when one of my grad school friends who knew I was a virgin wanted to know how the wedding night went. And then asked me if I was on the pill now. When I said no. She is like oh so you are using condoms, and I was like no... And then she began to freak out and say don't tell me you are not using anything! At which point I pulled out my TCOYF book and started showing her graphs of estrogen and progesterone levels and my phone app of all my charts. She had never heard of such things and was really curious about it all.
  • It really amuses me how shocked people are that H and I would just choose not to have sex at a given time.  I mean, people have looked at me like I have three heads when I explain how NFP works.
    Anniversary

• ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    None of you ladies are old enough to remember this but in the late 70s, many Catholic priests (and bishops) still argued that the BCP was still natural birth control.  My old pastor was one of these.  Actually, his brother, also a priest, was the director for teaching Catholics & Sexuality in our diocese.

I was married in October, 1978 and my daughter was born that February.  NOT a shot gun wedding, she was a 27 week baby and came home on her due date.  She was neither planned or unplanned but we were delighted to have her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards