Catholic Weddings

Found an NFP course! So excited

This weekend at church I was reading through the bulliten and saw an ad for Serena NFP. It's Canadian. They teach the sympto-thermal method. I hadn't been able to find anyone in my city that is an NFP doctor or people that teach it. I was so happy to see this ad!
I called the couple yesterday and we have a meeting with them on Dec 29th. They teach couple to couple, so I informed FI that he had to come. He asked if I wanted him involved. I said absolutely. It's important that you're aware of all the signs and how a chart works as well.

Re: Found an NFP course! So excited

• agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NFP works best when both of the couple are involved. Otherwise, the woman becomes the "gatekeeper" and can lead to frustration.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great! It sounds like FAM. I would highly, highly recommend you pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It will become your NFP bible, so to speak.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    eh, i'm the "gatekeeper" and it works.  i honestly prefer it this way, because then i know stuff gets read and recorded correctly.  not that i dont trust H, but sometimes he can be a tad bit scatterbrained.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's great! My husband learned all about it as well and he has a link to my chart on FF. Occasionally I forget to enter my temp in the morning, and since he works from home, he'll enter it for me. It makes me happy to know he is in the loop and supportive.
  • edited December 2011

SoHappytoBe - I already have a copy. I read through the whole thing.

I think TCOYF has more information in it, but I learn better by having someone teach me. I know the basics, I just want someone to be able to talk to. As much as you ladies are helpful, I need a resource in my own country, own city :)

It's 2.5 hours of an evening and then we're done so I figure it's worth it.

• newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yay!!!  Congrats :)  I've definitely found it helpful to have one on one instruction from a pro!  My FI has only made it to about half of our sessions because he lives out of town... and we can't really "apply" it in our case until we actually get married... but it's definitely good to be on the same page, reviewing my chart together with the instructor and talking over any weird things that pop up in my cycle... which there are plenty of!  Definitely get him to come along and hopefully he'll grow to appreciate how you work and want to participate rather than you getting stuck being the "gatekeeper" :)

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My now H went with me to the classes.  After we got married, I realized he didn't pay as much attention as I did.

H: "So, um... Are you fertile?"
    Me: "What does my chart say?"
    H: "I don't know how to read that thing!"

I actually don't like being the 'gatekeeper'.  Right now, I'm thankful that he understands why we can't have sex every single day, but I think I may have to re-teach him how to read the charts.

So definitely make sure your Fi is involved so he at least understands this method of BC and how your body works.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hoping it makes more sense to both of us. I get the basic idea, but all that extra stuff and one-off things that pop up need to be discussed.
    Since it's new to both of us, it's a great opportunity to be on the same page right from the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards