Pennsylvania-Central

Bubbles, rice, eco friendly confetti....looking for ideas

We are having an outside ceremony and I am having a horriable time trying to figure out what to throw and when.  I want something different and new.  Any ideas?

Re: Bubbles, rice, eco friendly confetti....looking for ideas

• aHm08aHm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used rose petals, and it was beautiful!  We used Backwoods Florist - check out my bio for details.
  • edited December 2011
    we would have used tiny bells that people could ring for us but it was a downpour as we left the church so we never did... if you like that idea I have 4 boxes of 24 never used that I will sell to you :)
  • Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At a wedding I attended over New Year's they used a sugar-based confetti in the shape of little hearts. I thought it was cute, and it was new to me! I also thought it was funny that some people chose to eat them instead of throwing them :)
  • amethyst1220amethyst1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used biodegradable heart-shaped "rice" (not edible!) it was great, i'll try to PIP below. i can give you what i have left if you're interested. as far as timing, we did it walking out of the church after the ceremony and after pictures (i was surprised so many people hung around!)

if you're interested in the rice or seeing more pics, page me on the central pa nest board
  • phoenix13xphoenix13x member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just don't use real rice! Birds eat it, it absorbs fluid in their stomach, they can't pass gas so it keeps expanding until they explode.
  • edited December 2011
    We used these from ExtravagantExits on Etsy.  They are biodegradable streamers.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ExtravagantExits
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards