Catholic Weddings

new years resolutions

so what are they?

mine are, in no particular order:

1.  lose weight/exercise more
2.  attend Mass more often
3.  reduce stress (i'm already signed up for a yoga class)
4.  hire a housekeeper (see #3 above!)
5.  think about a possible career change (job and hours directly related to numbers 1-4 above)

and while not a resolution per se, try to come to some sort of a decision on a baby.

Re: new years resolutions

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.) Lose at least 20 pounds.
    2.) Save more money
    3.) Go to Mass every week regardless of how crummy I feel.  I always feel better when I go, so I should go more often.

I've gained so much weight since DH and I started dating (2.5 years = +35 lbs).  I hate cooking, so before we dated, I'd just eat like a sandwich or something for dinner.  He likes to eat these big elaborate dinners (and he cooks them, too!).  But that equals a lot of weight for me. Haha.

Also, we eat out like 2 times a week.  I'd like to cut that down to 2x a month or less.  It will save money and (potentially) help me lose weight.  Kill two birds with one stone.

I want to save as much money as possible because DH is afraid the company he works for will be out of business come June.  I guess they're barely staying a-float.  If he doesn't lose his job, then we'll just be that much more ahead on our downpayment on our next house.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    1. Confess regularly (rather than sporadically)
    2. Attend daily mass at least once a week, if not more frequently
    3. Cut down on prepared/processed food
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here we go:

1.) work out everyday no matter how tired I am so I can lose about 10 lbs.
    2.) save enough money so I can go back to school online in the summer
    3.) continue saving for a house
    4.) try to be more positive and take one day at a time
    5.) focus more on the long term instead of the here and now

Not really a New Year's resolution, but I pray that H gets a new job or a transfer back home bc I am just so unhappy here.

• edited December 2011
    1.  Exercise and eat right to lose weight for wedding - 15 pounds by April.
    2.  Do whatever we can to make our wedding planning fun and as low-stress as possible.
    3.  Get my house in order!
    4.  Make it to confession more frequently.

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    catarntina, i gained 20 pounds since we got married.  it stinks! 
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Live in the here and now, don't worry as much about the future (Complete opposite of MissySue! I'm a chronic over-planner.)
    2. Get a structured "schedule" or plan to read the Bible.
    3. Decrease the refined sugars in my diet.
    4. To be more accepting of God's plan for my life, in a few areas that I'm struggling with this. He's always right in the end. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I bet there's a way we can support each other in our most common resolutions - improving our relationship with God and improving our health through better eating and exercise. I would love to have a Bible or faith discussion on here - there's not a Bible study or group like that near home; it's one of the things I missed when RCIA was over.

And I have started and fallen off my food and exercise wagon multiple times since I went wedding gown shopping. My maid of honor has already lost ten pounds and looks great...I want to get myself back in shape too! I know there are boards out there for brides trying to get fit, but it's hard for me to connect with multiple sets of people, so...perhaps we could do all of those things together?

What do you guys think?

Linda
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:5a7e7692-3485-4be1-aea2-b484addaffa5Post:f26f334e-bd23-4225-b389-9fb16660e5db">Re: new years resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet there's a way we can support each other in our most common resolutions - improving our relationship with God and improving our health through better eating and exercise. I would love to have a Bible or faith discussion on here - there's not a Bible study or group like that near home; it's one of the things I missed when RCIA was over. And I have started and fallen off my food and exercise wagon multiple times since I went wedding gown shopping. My maid of honor has already lost ten pounds and looks great...I want to get myself back in shape too! I know there are boards out there for brides trying to get fit, but it's hard for me to connect with multiple sets of people, so...perhaps we could do all of those things together? What do you guys think? Linda
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]

I like this idea!  Accountability and Consistancy are my nemises. 

Relationship with God and better health are mine too, and related to reducing my overall stress level/managing stress bette as well.  More specifically: 
    1.  Start praying the Rosary every day again
    2.  More regular confession
    3.  Exercise
    4.  Eat healthier/make more meals at home

What were you thinking for format, Linda?  Stickies?  Daily check-in threads?  One big thread, or different topic threads?  (Just throwing things out there.)
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Goals and check in threads usually work best for me...it's like having a buddy, only online.

Linda
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:5a7e7692-3485-4be1-aea2-b484addaffa5Post:0cff2d25-503b-4467-a606-c7b75ae99359">Re: new years resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goals and check in threads usually work best for me...it's like having a buddy, only online. Linda
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]

So just a daily update/check in on how things are going?  In the morning sometime?  Start day?

I look forward to it - and to chatting!
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tomorrow! I've already been to Mass tonight - I cantor, and my church gave me a book - "The Catholic Source Book," which might help, or do you have suggestions?

What I'd like to do tomorrow is:
    Exercise - 45 minutes of the Firm, my favorite workout
    Eat right and purchase healthy things to make for lunch Monday
    Say a Rosary with Fr. Mitch on EWTN <g />

• edited December 2011
    PS, I'll probably have to check in at the end of the day, after I get off work...

I'll start a new thread!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the check in idea. 
    Here are mine
    1. regain my faith and make it stronger. I plan to read a lot, so I'm hoping I can get some reading of the bible in there. 
    2. Keep in better touch with my family and friends

There are more in my blog if you're interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards