Catholic Weddings

Getting off the pill

2»

Re: Getting off the pill

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_getting-off-pill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:5da50a0e-2c6e-4a99-85bc-e5344137db9bPost:1eabc396-5c94-443d-84c9-80ca1e4bab6f">Re: Getting off the pill</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cycles fixed themselves after starting metformin treatment.
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

This was my experience and my best friend's experience, too.  A ton of PCOS women find that regulating insulin helps regulate their other hormones.

There are also other options to bring on a period -- Prometrium or Provera come to mind, but I'm sure a doctor would be able to advise someone on all the options.
  • LoveTeddyLoveTeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those interested in Natural Family Planning or gettting off the pill who have medical issues going on check out the Creighton FertilityCare System. It's a method of NFP that has a medical side to it to treat women's health issues. Docs are now being trained all over the world in this. The medical side is called NaProTechnology. Dr. Thomas Hilgers of Pope Paul VI Institute in Omaha, NE is head of it. The website is www.popepaulvi.com. You can also find links to teachers there. Hope that helps! It's been a miracle for me and others I know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards