Catholic Weddings

New Year's Eve/Day Plans?

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

H has to work a full day today and I am only working until 1pm. Then it is off to the grocery to pick up some snacks and food for tonight. We are hosting a little informal and impromptu get together at our place for just a few friends and my IL's. Normally my MIL does a big shindig, but her Mom (H's Grandma) is in the hospital and has been busy with that, so I offered. Besides I have been dying to show off our Christmas decorations since H did such a good job.

Tomorrow I am cooking pulled pork in the crockpot with bbq sauce, sauerkraut and potatoes. Yummy. And I hope to have a relaxing day with just H and I. It is the last holiday from work for a while.

Re: New Year's Eve/Day Plans?

• working till 4 today, then staying in tonight with my bottle of champagne like i do every year.  i dont like to be out on the roads on NYE.
  • We're supposed to be going over to a friend's house, but I started feeling like I was getting a cold yesterday, and today I've been pretty pitiful.  If we go, I doubt I'll make it to midnight.  Even if I don't go, I'll probably send DH, since he never gets to spend any time in town because of work.
    Anniversary

• Hi, MIssy!!  Happy New Year to you, too :)

@prof... I'll be missing the partying due to a cold, too... I somehow manage to get sick anytime I take more than 3 days off in a row :)  Hope you feel better soon!  I've been having dayquil and enjoying a steady supply of tea, water and chicken noodle soup :)  I'm forcing my husband to go to a friend's NYE party without me so I can get to sleep before he does!

I've been able to keep plety distracted with pictures of my cute new baby nephew and getting excited that my other little sister just got engaged on Sunday :D
  • We're going to the vigil Mass for Mary, Mother of God this evening with H's fam and then having dinner together. Once we get C in bed, we plan on spending the evening on the couch with Netflix and champagne. I hope to be in dreamland at midnight. :)

Tomorrow is BIL's last day in town,  so we'll have dinner at my ILs to say good-bye. Wednesday is back to the real world for H, so we're enjoying these last lazy days of his vacation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Newly, I felt so silly calling in to my doctor's office to make sure it was okay to take cold medicine!  But the girl who answered didn't know either, so that made me feel a little better.  =)

And yay for babies and engagements!

DH just got back from running errands (including picking up a top that I'd ordered kind of specifically for tonight -- so now I really want to go) and he picked up some sparkling grape juice for me, so even if I don't get to go out, I can still toast 2013.
    Anniversary

• absolutely nothing

pathetic
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards