Catholic Weddings

Traditional Latin Mass?

Hello Ladies,
I am having a Traditional Latin High Mass and was wondering which songs would be good for the processional. I am unable to use secular music and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on which type of music we could use.

M

Re: Traditional Latin Mass?

• Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I can't help you, but let me know what you decide! If no one answers, I'll ask around my friends who had TLM weddings and see what they used. Also, did your organist have suggestions??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used:

Processionals:
    Mozart: Church Sonata No. 3 in D - for Moms and BMs
    John Joseph Mouret: Symphonies de Fanfares - for me

And I'm working on that program for you....just got super busy and haven't gotten to the last half of it!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, the organist does not like my selections and says they will take to long...I am the bride right.. HA HA so I am just back to square one. I am appreciate all the help.

No worries Riss91 I understand busy. Take your time I am not in panic mode yet.. We still have 87 days till we are married.

In Christ,
    M
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My organist totally turned down a bunch of my song requests too!  I'm happy with how things turned out (my husband was thrilled by how the music sounded on our wedding day), but it was funny how much time we spent going back and forth over the music selections.  I probably put more time into that than writing my own intercessions and picking my readings.  No joke.
  • caitriona87caitriona87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not have a TLM but had a NO/OF Mass ad orientem with really traditional music. Our processional was Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and it was beautiful. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, we didn't have a traditional Latin Mass either.
    Our processional/prelude was Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.
    Our recessional was Clarke's Prince of Denmark.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i had the latin, but i let the organist pick all of the music.  i had only requested one song (ave maria) for our walk down the aisle.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine will be NO, but our parish gave us a CD of traditional sacred processionals to choose from!  I'll try to dig it up at some point this week and send the info along... I'm in the middle of moving, so my apartment is a bit chaotic right now :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for posting.

JMJ

M
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards