Pennsylvania-Central

Photographer search

Hello,
I am still trying to find that photographer that is good for me. This is what I want in a photographer:
- An album
- A photo booth (I can get this from a DJ too so not nessessary)
- Artistic pictures, not portraits!
- Price that is good! I think anything over $2000 is nuts!
- Copyrights to photos

I have an appointment with Tony Gibble. I have also considered Let's Be Candid.
Any other recommends or reviews on Gibble and Candid?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer search

• edited December 2011
    Getting all that with Tennison or Gibble, is going to be a stretch based on the prices I got from them. Kings looked more like what you want pricewise based on flyers I was given at two wedding shows.

Just got done with a 2 month long process of analyzing various photographers(I think over 25) based on what we wanted. We wanted a lot of what you wanted but ended up paying a lot more than $2,000. The ibiggest hurdle is that album add-on. Those get pretty expensive. I found with some for us it got down to between owning our own prints/printing rights vs getting an album.

We booked our photobooth through the DJ. A majority of the photographers I ended up seeing did not have a photobooth or kind of made up their own version of one.

Best of luck!
  • cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our photographer is Frank King. Based on the price that your looking for, I think that he might be your best bet. We got our engagement pictures done and bought a photo book to double as our guest book and we are so pleased with it-it came out great!

• edited December 2011
    Solas Photographer-- DEFINITELY!!

And Katy Trefry for the Photobooth
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Solas is booked. They were my first choice. :(
    I will have to contact King Photography. Although I wasn't all too impressed by all of their photos.

Also for albums, I did some research because I know thats where the photographers jack up prices. If you go online and go to one of the photographer's suppliers (ask them, they usually tell you) for their albums or just do a search for wedding photo albums.  Most have an online design program to make your own album. Make sure you get the lingo (like if you want leather bound v. hard cover etc) from the photographer so you can navigate the sites easily.
    So if you're creative this is a great way to save!

Also you need the rights to your photos to do the album idea.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    If booking Frank King be sure to get in writing who your photographer the day of will be and be sure to meet with them ahead of time to make sure your personalities and ideas mesh well together.  I know Frank King has quite a few photographers on staff.  Good Luck:)
  • JJLeon210JJLeon210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Far/Wid photography!!! He is amazing. I knew I wanted him for my wedding before I even met my fiance!!! Haha. Seriously though, he is perfect and his prices are extremely reasonable. His website is www.farwid.com
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Decided I am going with DJ Freeze because I have $100 off coupon from him that I got at a wedding show! Can't beat that.
    Thanks for posting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards