Pennsylvania-Central

Adam McCallister is taken!!

Hey Ladies!
We finally booked our venues (YAY) for our ceremony and reception after tons of indecision on my part!! Now I am starting to look into the other vendors we need.  My current project is getting a DJ!

I really wanted Adam McCallister, I have heard so many good things about him, but he is already booked for our date :(

Dj Freeze is booked as well and Mixed Up Productions never got back to me.

I looked into DJ Edge and he is available and in our price range but I have not really heard much about him on this website.  usually when things are good they come up more than one on the Knot (hence McCallisters super rep) so I was wondering if anyone has used DJ Edge or been to one of his events???

Or does anyone have any other recommendations??

Thankssss

I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
243 Invited image
171 Are ready to party! image
70 Are party poopers! image
2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!

Re: Adam McCallister is taken!!

• kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are running into the same issues with DJs for our October 2012 wedding. My mom can't believe we're planning already for a wedding that's 373 days away; she fails to understand that apparently most people plan 16-20 months out. We even had to push our wedding date back a week because every venue we looked at was booked on our first-choice date (October 13).

Every DJ you mentioned are the ones that I've talked to as well....if I come up with any more names, I'll let you know.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin used Denny from Wink 104 at her wedding and he was very good! I also went to an event on Friday were Newman from Bob 949 was the DH and he was very good also! He really played off the vibe of the party! Everyone was up dancing. HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    edited December 2011
    I mean DJ not DH. TK won't let me edit my post!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jessimb0587Jessimb0587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ryan Miller from Ryan Miller Entertainment. My event coordinator recommended him to me. I met him and he is great. He doesn't do any extra advertising so his costs are much more reasonable than other's I looked at and his personality is great! We are super excited to have him. Even my fiance told me he likes him and seemed excited, and it takes alot to get him excited :-P 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • annie42207annie42207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i started planning 2 years out! so your mom is crazy to think that its too soon to plan :) we are using freez, i booked him last year, after we booked he said about 3 or 4 other people wanted our date.
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    Aw I am so sorry Adam is booked. He's my DJ and love him already!
    I went to my cousin's wedding and she used Barcrawler Entertainment. Don't let the name fool you. It's a good DJ. They mostly do trivia, karaoke, DJing in bars but they do a few weddings here and there. They were really good. They did a mix of old and new. My cousin said he played everything she wanted.

Check him out on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barcrawler-Entertainment/328384950566

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• megank626megank626 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Shindig DJs (out of York) because Adam was also booked for my date! Corban Hitz is the DJ and was recommended by the woman who owns Bridal Emporium in Elizabethtown. He did her daughters wedding. Obviously I haven't used him yet, but worth looking into as he came recommended and is definitely in the lower price range of what I found. http://shindigdjs.com/default.htm
    I was not looking for someone who DJs clubs and does mixing, I just wanted a professional MC and someone who would keep the guests entertained and moving and play good music. From what I could tell from our meeting Corban fit that bill.

Also looked into Damian Rhodes of FM97, he came recommended from a friend, was a little more than I wanted to spend, but was very responsive and I believe would have been a good fit for me otherwise. His info is on the FM97 website.
  • natsfans84natsfans84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having the same problem finding a DJ... my fiance and I decided on Mixed-Up Productions, and when they sent us the contract, it was wrong! So we sent it back with the changes that needed to be made in August, and haven't heard a word back, even though I have called and emailed.

Best of luck finding a DJ, and thanks PPs for your advice/reviews!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Matt Haines with Mixed Impressions. I think he is really reasonably priced and I've heard him DJ at my friend's wedding...he does a great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to get Adam too and he was booked on our date as well. I am using Chris Pyle and Soundwaves Entertainment. Actually just got the contract in the mail today so I'm excited to get that off my checklist.
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Kent Wissinger, he was awesome! http://www.exclaimdjs.com/kent.htm

I think we paid about $800.
  • Chick&GuyChick&Guy member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all these leads!!! I really appreciate the recommendations and I will check them out!
    I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • JlynnyoJlynnyo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Aw I am sorry :( I'm so happy to see these wonderful things about Adam! He's our DJ for our wedding in 25 days! We just met with him for our second time and he has the best ideas ever! We're so stoaked to have been recommended!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards