Catholic Weddings

TGIT!

Yay it's Thursday!  What are everyone's weekend plans?  I am going out for a friend's bday tomorrow, and then out with some girlfriends on Saturday.  Should be nice! 

What else?I'm getting pretty excited for Thanksgiving, although I still don't have actual plans for Thanksgiving.  It'll either be with my family or H's, but that's still TBD.  In other news, I had a Creighton follow-up last night and my instructor found no mistakes!  Woohoo!  I am feeling pretty confident in it these days, which is great.  What else?  Oh, I've been keeping up with exercising, but I'm super bummed because I haven't lost a single pound :( I'm trying not to focus on that, but sometimes it can be tough, you know?  Speaking of which, Calypso, how has running been going?

Re: TGIT!

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    This week has not been great for exercise, i had two very late nights at work.  however, im taking tomorrow off (yay!) and i hope to hit the gym during the day and avoid crowds.

ive been at it for nearly 2 months, and i lost 2 pounds but i dont think it stayed off.

a birthday party on saturday, and probably going to start working on christmas cards on sunday.
  • Yay for a good Creighton meeting and birthdays!

One of our mutual friends is coming over Friday night because his wife is going out with some friends, and that's about all we have planned.  I have a pile of boxes in my trunk that I've been meaning to take to the recycling center for about two weeks now, so hopefully we'll get that done Saturday.

And my energy has just been totally zapped.  I'm trying really hard to get into my best shape ever, and I'm just so wiped out every evening that I just want to go right to bed.  :/
    Anniversary

• I need to decide on Christmas cards.  I'm torn between doing a picture card using a wedding photo or two, or just doing a regular card.  I don't know if it'll seem tacky/self-absorbed, you know?  But I actually MUCH prefer a Christmas card with pictures and an update-type letter, so it's funny that I worry about doing that for my cards in case people think it's tacky. 

• edited November 2012
    I also prefer cards with at least pictures. I'm sort of bummed to receive a "Merry Christmas! Love, Mike and Jennifer Smith" card with nothing else, even though I appreciate that they thought of me. Last year, we send a card with a picture from our wedding and a picture from our honeymoon. This year, we'll send a picture of the baby. We are totally going to be those people who never send family pictures -- just pictures of the kid(s).

I'm basically always excited for Thanksgiving. We're going to H's family's, so all I have to do is bring a side dish of some kind (no specifications have made it my way yet). That will be easy. Last year, I made the turkey (and maybe another side), which was a bigger challenge, but turned out really well! Luckily, I didn't develop my pregnancy-caused turkey aversion until Friday. No joke, I tried to make turkey soup, and the turkey make me want to vomit. I make veggie soup for myself and turkey soup for everyone else! I didn't touch turkey again until after C was born!

Prof, sometimes, you need to listen to your body. If you're tired, you need to rest. You don't want to get sick and then miss a bunch of school and then deal with sub plans and the disaster that is students the week before any holiday (I don't care how old they are, they are still a mess!) at the same time.

I have a coffee date with my BFF tomorrow. We need a good in person chat session every now and then.Then, I think we're trekking over to my ILs on Saturday. Should be a good weekend overall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can't believe Thankgiving is next week! I almost keep forgetting it's happening because Halloween got pushed late around here because of the hurricane and my wedding is the Sunday after Thankgsiving...I'm all sorts of confused with my days!

This week is moving steadily along. This is my last full work week, before I take a half a week next week and then off for our Honeymoon. 

I doubt I'll get to Christmas cards this year...Hopefully next year! Or maybe I'll do a Thank you and Christmas card combination for the wedding. Is that tacky?

I haven't gotten any proper exercise in a month! I've been so buy wedding planning that I've missed several dance classes. Monday is going to be painful when I go back.

I agree that you should rest if you're tired, Prof. No need to get sick!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Biblio, your turkey made me chuckle.  I always find pregnancy aversions to be a bit funny, though I certainly respect the seriousness of them.  My best friend had an aversion to all meat during her first pregnancy.  She just wanted fresh veggies and nothing else.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgit-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:837fe115-5d03-4000-9b59-ad5810fa4f02Post:64d5eafa-eb6c-4736-8852-a100b048fd09">Re: TGIT!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can't believe Thankgiving is next week! I almost keep forgetting it's happening because Halloween got pushed late around here because of the hurricane and my wedding is the Sunday after Thankgsiving...I'm all sorts of confused with my days! This week is moving steadily along. This is my last full work week, before I take a half a week next week and then off for our Honeymoon.  I doubt I'll get to Christmas cards this year...Hopefully next year! Or maybe I'll do a Thank you and Christmas card combination for the wedding. Is that tacky? I haven't gotten any proper exercise in a month! I've been so buy wedding planning that I've missed several dance classes. Monday is going to be painful when I go back. I agree that you should rest if you're tired, Prof. No need to get sick!
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be tacky to combine the thank you and Christmas card, as long as the thank you part is hand-written and personalized to each person.  

For me, Friday night I'm going out for a friend's birthday, watching a football game with H during the day, and then going to another birthday event Saturday night.

H just emailed me to let me know that he'd be working late, I'm a little bummed that we won't have time together tonight, but at least now I don't have to worry about cooking, and can catch up on some of my shows that he doesn't like to watch! Will try to get in an elliptical workout, I've been doing good so far, but just realized that it's only about 3 weeks until my honeymoon, so I should probably push a little harder these next few weeks!
  • Oh my goodness, I will be so depressed if I spend all Wednesday and Thursday next week cooking only to decide that the smell of turkey nauseates me.

And yeah, I just need to make it through three more days (not including the weekend) and then it's Thanksgiving break and I can relax!  

We didn't do wedding picture Christmas cards last year and I think it would be weird to do them a year later, so we'll probably just do no-picture.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards