Catholic Weddings
Options

Help needed! Quote from Pope John Paul II

Hi, ladies!  I usually post over at the DC local board, but I thought you guys might be able to help me out on this one.  At our Engaged Encounter weekend last week, they read a quote from Pope John Paul II on love and it was absolutely beautiful.  I didn't capture any part of it because I couldn't find a pen, and now I can't seem to find it online.

Do any of you have knowledge of what I might be referring to?  I thought it would be a great addition to our programs!  Thanks!

Re: Help needed! Quote from Pope John Paul II

• Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i found this:

Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family - a domestic church.

do you have any of the wording?
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    and this

You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I found a lot of references to the first quote you listed.  I really like the second one, but neither are the one that was shared.  I may have to scrounge up contact info for the couple that presented and ask them directly.

Thanks!
  • Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John Paul has written HUGE books on marriage, love, theology of the body, etc.

You can find so many great quotes from him
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards