Catholic Weddings

Happy Tuesday!

Ladies,

I am running on about 2.5 hours of sleep.  Let's get some good vibes flowing this morning.

Today is our last day before Thanksgiving Holiday.  We're learning about antibiotic resistant bacteria and I'm happy to be showing a video on the evolution of Tuberculosis.  H has been working at his new job site for a whole day and I'm ready for him to come home.

What are everyone's Thanksgiving plans?
Anniversary

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• shawna127shawna127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I hope you get some sleep soon professor! 

Today is the last day of school before Thanksgiving, I have one more lab and then I am  free and I can go home and relax (for a little while anyway).  I am so excited because I get to see my sister tomorrow and I haven't seen her since September, so it's been a while.

Anyway, I hope everyone's Thanksgiving is awesome!!! :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight, professor.  Or a nap this afternoon.  Or both.

I've got another day of work ahead of me before the long weekend, but not much can rain on my parade right now.  My lack of form annulment paperwork has been submitted as of last Thursday, and Father said we should hear back within the month!  FI and I are planning on looking at the chapel at my old high school this weekend so he can get the feel for it before we reserve it.  I was happy to hear the reservation cost is a mere $300.  Everything is looking up!

For Thanksgiving, we get to do brunch out with my grandparents, then dinner at my Dad's with my family and his mom.  Good times (and lots of food).

Hope all is well with everyone else here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, I don't know how you do that girl. I can only go so long with so little sleep. I get terrible headaches and can't focus.

I am working a half day tomorrow (Wed) from 9-3 and then H is meeting me to get a few things done. After that, we will probably come home and relax as Thursday is my birthday! Whoo! I know MIL is making me a cake bc she just asked me what kind of icing I wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah and for Thanksgiving plans, its my birthday and we are eating at my BIL's house with H's side of the family. They usually eat early,

Then we will probably head to my Grandma's house where my parents and sister will be. I just hope we can all get along on my side of the family. My parents (more so my Mom) have been so worried about me recently and trying to interfere in our situation. I hate it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally jealous of you guys who are already off. I have a half day tomorrow (30 minute classes and then a big Thanksgiving lunch) and a stack of homework to grade tonight that I promised to give back tomorrow (so TK = procrastination!).

Thursday, we are eating with my grandparents, dad, and aunt. I am the "chef" in the family, so I got appointed to make the turkey. I'm excited and nervous, because I've only done once before, several years ago, and with some help. I'm excited to spend the day cooking and relaxing, though. I need it.  I think we'll go to the movies after dinner, since that is H's family's tradition, and the one thing he'll miss not being with his fam this year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Working all day today.  Tomorrow will be our first joint family Thanksgiving.  His kids and 2 of mine and 5 combined grandchildren will be at our house.  Last night I was up late getting the dining room ready (still moving him in and putting away wedding gifts) and pulling out the china.  Hopefully, he will get some of it washed and set up for me today.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late, but...I worked a half day Wednesday, then went home and scrambled things together, fussing all the way at my husband who had left a couple of hours earlier and did not clean the George Foreman grill or put the recycling IN the bag. We'd had a bit of an argument the night before, so I was carrying a wee bit of resentment. I was working myself into quite a fuss, over very small things I now realize, and finally just said, "God, I know I'm supposed to be gracious and kind and conciliatory, but I am gonna need your grace to do it...I just have no idea how!" I was crying and just carrying on. (I can't even remember what the argument was about - that's how silly it was!) A little while later, DH called. The MINUTE I heard his voice, all my resentment simply vanished. I was happy to hear from him and we had a nice, if utilitarian, chat. I know it was not my doing, but God's. I am awed by how swiftly and completely God grants His grace, if I can just swallow my pride and ASK for it. We've had a lovely Thanksgiving with the family and SS, and I'm very, very grateful! Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards