Catholic Weddings

Rosary Beads?

I wanted to wrap my grandmother's set of rosary beads around the stem of my bouquet. My mom thinks it looks too much like a funeral. Then I was concerned that it might be disrespectful somehow to do this. What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rosary Beads?

• I'm not sure why that would look like a funeral, so I wouldn't worry about that!  I wouldn't have thought of it as being disrespectful, but now that you mention it, I'm not sure. Maybe you can ask your priest what he thinks?

• I used my grandma's rosary on my bouquet as my "something blue" and it was so subtle that most people didn't even notice. I say go for it if you want!

• I had intended to use H's grandmother's blue rosary wrapped around my bouquet as my something blue - I forgot to ask H's mom for it the morning of our wedding, and she never gave it to me, so I ended up not getting to use it

I think it's a nice idea, and if it's meaningful to  you I say go for it.  I wouldn't think it would be disrespectful at all, and definitely wouldn't think "funeral" if I saw it.
  • My mom gave me a blue rosary as a wedding gift which was my "something blue" and I hand-wrapped it around my bouquet.  It was very handy if I had a spare moment to pray!  I don't know that I've ever associated rosaries around bouquets with a funeral -  I think that it's a nice way to honor the memory of your grandmother while also invoking extra prayers for your marriage from Mary :-)
  • I think it is also a great idea. I used my deceased Grandmother's rosary which was wrapped around my bouquet. And it was my something old.
  • I think it's a great idea! My grandma passed away before our wedding so my mom had a picture of her and I put into a brooch and had the brooch attached to my boquet, it was so beautiful and made me cry.  It really felt like she was there with us that day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also think it's a beautiful idea.  I think a lot of brides use antique or hand-me-down trinkets as their "borrowed" item.  In one wedding I attended, the bride apparently carried a Bible that had been in her family for generations.
    Anniversary

• Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards