Catholic Weddings

F/U on Catholic Wedding Questions

Again, I just wanted to thank you ladies for your time and wonderful answers on my post last week. 

I just wanted to let those of you who responded to my post know that BF and I spoke about things and they went very well.  When that time comes we plan to be married in the CC that he grew up in. 

We are going to begin attending Sunday mass regularly as I feel this is important.  I am of the opinion that you can't just want Jesus in your life on your wedding day.  If you want to be married under God then you should worship. 

While I would not consider myself faithful I will be going to support BF in going to the church because he wants to reaffirm his faith.  Maybe going will help me in my own struggles with religion too.

So thank you all again!  I might be back with questions later since this is going to be new to me and you were all so helpful!

Re: F/U on Catholic Wedding Questions

• edited December 2011
    This whole wedding process has really renewed my Faith in the ways of Catholicism and given my FI a new-found faith.  He's converting from Greek Orthodox and thinks it's important to go to church as a family. 

I'm so pleased that it has brought us both closer to God.  He was not religious at all before we got engaged, but now he's learning that there is beauty and peace in the Mystery.  I'm so proud of him! 

Also, when we have children, I'm glad that Daddy will be there in church to run interference! ;)

Congratulations!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a wonderful, supportive GF (soon-to-be FI) you are!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that the conversation with your BF went well. I really, truly find your attitude toward marriage in the Catholic Church refreshing. I know that you will have a happy, successful marriage when the time comes. I pray that you will resolve your own struggles with religion.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you have. We are happy to help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    that is great!  keep us posted!  We will definiteily help you with any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards