Catholic Weddings
Options

Ceremony Songs

We're trying to figure out if and when we need songs during our ceremony so that we can start making selections in order to get them to our pianist in April. We haven't met with our priest yet to go over ceremony specifics but we asked him briefly the other day and he was basically like "it's your ceremony you can do whatever you'd like" (we're getting married in a non-denominational chapel so there really are no restrictions and our priest is pretty laid back about things). But FI and I still don't have a clue at what points during the ceremony would be appropriate for music....or if it's necessary to have any during the ceremony. We aren't having a unity candle, sand ceremony or anything like that.

When did you ladies have music played during your non-mass ceremonies.

And just as an AW moment - I had the Rite of Election yesterday and we got to meet and talk with the Cardinal! I thought it was pretty neat.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony Songs

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll need:

Processional(s)
    Psalm
    Reflection (If you are offering flowers to Mary)
    Reflection II (For while you are signing the papers)
    Recessional
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    meltoine is right; additionally, you may need to select a song to be played while people are taking communion. (if you're doing a full mass)
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    if you arent picky, you can even just let the church pick out the music.  that's waht we did, and it was much easier.  the organist knew waht songs went best where as far as timing, and i also wanted her to play stuff she felt comfortable playing.  i didnt want her to have to learn new stuff or play stuff she might not play often, and have it sound bad.  the only song i picked was the processional becuase it had personal meaning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are meeting with our music lady from the parish tomorrow night.  If you want, I will let you know what she says. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards