Catholic Weddings

hello

Hi ladies,
I'm new to the Catholic wedding board (well, I've been lurking for a long time) but this is my first post on here.  I have met with my priest and have a date set with him and the church.  Since my wedding is going to happen at the end of the Easter season, I'm not planning on decorating the church since it will be decorated for Easter.  I do have a question, my Fi is going through RCIA this year, and I want to get him a gift, but don't know what to get him. I was thinking a Bible, but my parents have one for him, that they will give him. What about Rosary Beads and a medallion of the saint he chooses? Would that work?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: hello

• edited December 2011
    Hello & welcome!

Congrats to your FI for going through RCIA. I went through it & was confirmed what will be 2 yrs ago this coming April. It is such an enlightening and rewarding process.

I think a rosary or a medallion necklace are excellent choices. H wears a St. Michael necklace all the time. When I was confirmed, I received a Bible, one of my Grandmother's rosary's that my Mom handed down to me (which I also wrapped around my bouquet on my wedding day), and a Beatitudes plaque/wall hanging.

If you have a Catholic bookstore/giftshop in your area, that would definitely be a great place to look.

Good luck with your wedding planning. There are great group of ladies around here, so feel free to ask questions if you have any. You may also want to check out catholicweddinghelp.com
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Ditto PP--those would make a great gift, and you can always check out a Catholic bookstore for more ideas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I definitely agree that a rosary and/or medal would be excellent choices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! We're here to help.

I agree with the choices above.  I'm also a big fan of books.  That's how I continue my education even as a cradle Catholic.  I would definitely get him a book.  Let us know if you need recommendations on books.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    okay, I'll think about. I know he does like to read.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I recently received a couples devotional book and think it's a really neat gift for engaged people

• edited December 2011
    @ mica178-m what are the names of thosse books?
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

greetings and welcome!!  Congrats on your engagement and to your fiance as he enters into the Church :)

One of my favorites is "Letters to a Young Catholic" by George Weigel... I think it honestly speaks to anyone of any age, though.  My parents bought me a copy when I graduated from high school and I still reread it to remind me of all the facets of our faith that I love so much!  Ditto PPs with regards to exploring your local Catholic bookstore, too... so many wonderful things to choose from!  A rosary is always a good choice, especially if he does not have a nice one of his own yet; perhaps a book describing the rosary, prayers and its origin would be a nice addition as well?

• edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards